Getting Started with the ActiveCaptain App
You can connect a mobile device to the GPSMAP® device using the ActiveCaptain® app. The app provides a quick and easy way for you to interact with your GPSMAP device and complete such tasks as sharing data, registering, updating the device software, and receiving mobile device notifications.
- From the GPSMAP device, select .
- From the ActiveCaptain page, select .
- Enter a name and password for this network.
- Insert a memory card in the GPSMAP device's card slot (Memory Cards).
Set ActiveCaptain Card.
You might be prompted to format the memory card. Formatting the card deletes all information saved on the card. This includes any saved user data, such as waypoints. Formatting the card is recommended, but not required. Before formatting the card, you should save the data from the memory card onto the device internal memory (Copying User Data from a Memory Card). After formatting the card for the ActiveCaptain app, you can transfer the user data back to the card (Copying User Data to a Memory Card).
Be sure the card is inserted each time you want to use the ActiveCaptain feature.
- From the application store on your mobile device, install and open the ActiveCaptain app.
- Bring the mobile device within 32 m (105 ft.) of the GPSMAP device.
- From your mobile device settings, open the Wi‑Fi® connections page and connect to the Garmin® device, using the name and password you entered in the Garmin device.