Tips and Shortcuts (8700 model)
to turn on the
GPSMAP® 8700 device.
You can also turn on and off the device using a Garmin® chartplotter on the network, a GMM™ monitor, or a GRID™ remote control.
You can put the device to sleep using the GRID 20 remote control.
- Select from any screen to open to the home screen.
- Select Options to open additional settings about that screen.
- Select to close the menu when finished.
- When the device is sleeping, touch the screen to wake the device.
- Press to open additional options, such as locking the touchscreen.
- From any screen, press repeatedly to scroll through the brightness levels when connected to a Garmin GMM monitor, a GRID remote, or a GRID 20 remote. This can be helpful when the brightness is so low you cannot see the screen.
- Depending on the features of your chartplotter, not all feature buttons are visible are on the home screen. Swipe right or left to view the additional feature buttons.
On some menu buttons, select the button to enable the option.
A green light on an option indicates the option is enabled .
- When available, select to open the menu.