Registering Your Device with Garmin Express
Help us better support you by completing our online registration today. Keep the original sales receipt, or a photocopy, in a safe place.
- Insert a memory card into the card slot (Inserting Memory Cards).
Wait a few moments.
The chartplotter opens the card management page and creates a file named GarminDevice.xml in the Garmin® folder on the memory card.
- Remove the memory card.
- Insert the memory card into your computer.
- On your computer, go to garmin.com/express.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download, install, and open the Garmin Express™ application.
- Select .
- While the application searches, select Sign In next to Have marine charts or devices? near the bottom of the screen.
- Create or sign in to your Garmin account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your vessel.
The Garmin Express application searches the memory card for the device information.
Add Device to register the device.
When registration is complete, the Garmin Express application searches for additional charts and chart updates for your device.
When you add devices to the chartplotter network, repeat these steps to register the new devices.