Syncing Data to Your Device Using a USB Cable
After you select a map or make edits to your data, such as contacts, preset messages, or quick text messages, you must sync them to your device. For supported devices, you can use the inReach Sync desktop application and a USB cable to sync changes. The device also requires the inReach Sync application to update maps and device firmware.
The inReach Sync application supports these devices:
inReach Explorer® and inReach Explorer+
inReach SE® and inReach SE+
inReach® MiniNOTE: You must use the Garmin Express™ application to install firmware updates for the inReach Mini device.
Legacy inReach devices
- Connect the USB cable to your device and your computer.
- From the Plans & Devices tab, click Sync next to the device you want to sync.
- If you have not previously installed the inReach Sync application, select Download and Install inReach Sync, and install the application on your computer.
- Select Launch inReach Sync to open the application.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the sync.
The inReach Sync application copies the changes and available map and firmware updates to the device. You may need to restart your device to apply firmware updates.