Maximizing Battery Life
- Turn off the Auto Backlight setting (Device Settings on Your Garmin Connect Account).
- Decrease the backlight brightness (Device Settings).
- In your smartphone notification center settings, limit the notifications that appear on your vívosmart® HR/HR+ device (Managing Notifications).
- Turn off smart notifications (Bluetooth Settings).
- Turn off Bluetooth® wireless technology when you are not using connected features (Turning Off Bluetooth Wireless Technology).
- Stop broadcasting heart rate data to paired Garmin® devices (Broadcasting Heart Rate Data to Garmin Devices).
Turn off wrist-based heart rate monitoring (Device Settings).
NOTE: Wrist-based heart rate monitoring is used to calculate vigorous intensity minutes and calories burned.