Installing the Pedals
This procedure is for the Vector™ 3 system. The Vector 3S system installation is the same, but the power sensor components are in the left pedal only. For more information, see About the Vector™ 3S System.
- Install the right pedal first.
Apply a thin layer of grease on the pedal spindle threads.
- Insert the spindle into the crank arm.
- Hand tighten the spindle.
Use the pedal wrench to tighten the spindle.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 to install the left pedal.
- Move your bike chain to the largest chain ring and the smallest cassette gear.
Rotate the crank arm to check for clearance.
NOTE: Garmin recommends 2 mm or more between the pedal and the chain. If the pedal rubs the chain, you can add one washer (included) between the spindle and the crank arm to increase clearance. To maintain an equal q factor, you can add one washer to the left pedal spindle. Do not use more than one washer on each pedal.