Starting a GroupTrack Session
Before you can start a GroupTrack session, you must have a Garmin Connect™ account, a compatible smartphone, and the Garmin Connect Mobile app.
These instructions are for starting a GroupTrack session with fēnix® 5/5S devices. If your connections have other compatible devices, you can see them on the map. The other devices may not be able to display GroupTrack riders on the map.
- Go outside, and turn on the fēnix 5/5S device.
- Pair your smartphone with the fēnix 5/5S device (Pairing Your Smartphone with Your Device).
- On the fēnix 5/5S device, hold MENU, and select to enable viewing connections on the map screen.
- In the Garmin Connect Mobile app, from the settings menu, select .
- If you have more than one compatible device, select a device for the GroupTrack session.
- Select .
- Select Start LiveTrack.
- On the fēnix 5/5S device, start an activity.
Scroll to the map to view your connections.
TIP: From the map, you can hold MENU and select Nearby Connections to view distance, direction, and pace or speed information for other connections in the GroupTrack session.