Maximizing Battery Life
You can do several things to extend the life of the battery.
- Reduce the backlight timeout (Changing the Backlight Settings).
- Turn off Bluetooth® wireless technology when you are not using connected features (Bluetooth Connected Features).
- When pausing your activity for a longer period of time, use the Resume Later option (Stopping an Activity).
- Turn off activity tracking (Activity Tracking Settings).
Use a watch face that is not updated every second.
For example, use a watch face without a second hand (Customizing the Watch Face).
- Limit the smartphone notifications the device displays (Managing Notifications).
- Stop broadcasting heart rate data to paired Garmin® devices (Broadcasting Heart Rate Data to Garmin Devices).
Turn off wrist-based heart rate monitoring (Turning Off the Wrist-based Heart Rate Monitor).
NOTE: Wrist-based heart rate monitoring is used to calculate vigorous intensity minutes and calories burned.
- Turn off the pulse oximeter feature (Turning Off the Wrist-based Heart Rate Monitor).
- Use UltraTrac GPS mode for your activity (UltraTrac).
- Select the Smart recording interval (System Settings).