Pairing with Your Phone and Connecting to Smartphone Link
You must pair your Garmin DriveAssist™ device with your phone and connect to Smartphone Link to use some features, such as live traffic and parking information, hands-free calling, and other connected features.
After the devices are paired, they connect automatically when they are turned on and within range.
- From the app store on your phone, install the Smartphone Link app.
- Place the Garmin DriveAssist device and your phone within 3 m (10 ft.) of each other.
- On the Garmin DriveAssist device, select , and select the Bluetooth check box.
- Select .
On your phone, enable
Bluetooth® wireless technology, and set the phone to be discoverable.
See your phone owner's manual for more information.
Garmin DriveAssist device, select
The Garmin DriveAssist device begins searching for nearby Bluetooth devices, and a list of Bluetooth devices appears. It may take up to a minute for your phone to appear in the list.
- Select your phone from the list, and select OK.
- On your phone, confirm the pairing request.
On your phone, open the
Smartphone Link app.
If you are pairing with an Apple® device, a security code appears on the Garmin DriveAssist screen.
- If necessary, enter the security code on your phone within 30 seconds.