Mounting the Antenna
You can use the external antenna mount to mount your antenna in a more suitable location for your vehicle, such as a roll bar at the rear of your vehicle, to receive better radio reception. For the best results, use this method for vehicles that have a roll cage.
Screw down and tighten the antenna cable onto the Group Ride mount .
- Find a suitable location for the antenna.
Using a flat head screwdriver or
5/16 in. (8 mm) nut driver, loosen the bolt on the external antenna mount until the ring separates.
- Place the mount around the roll bar.
- Tighten the bolt on the mount until the ring is secure.
- Screw down and tighten the antenna onto the external antenna mount plate.
- Route the antenna cable along a suitable path in your vehicle, and secure it using the included zip ties.