Tips for Erratic Pulse Oximeter Data
If the pulse oximeter data is erratic or does not appear, you can try these tips.
- Remain motionless while the watch reads your blood oxygen saturation.
- Wear the watch above your wrist bone. The watch should be snug but comfortable.
- Hold the arm wearing the watch at heart level while the watch reads your blood oxygen saturation.
- Use a silicone or nylon band.
- Clean and dry your arm before putting on the watch.
- Avoid wearing sunscreen, lotion, and insect repellent under the watch.
- Avoid scratching the optical sensor on the back of the watch.
- Rinse the watch with fresh water after each workout.