Updates & Downloads
POI Loader Mac Legacy Version for Tiger and PPC software version 2.1.0
as of January 30, 2009
View installation instructions and system requirements
- POI Loader allows you to load custom points of interest into your unit. The input files can be downloaded from the internet or you can create your own. With POI Loader, you can configure the unit to alert you when you are within a certain distance of a point or if you are driving over a certain speed near a point; perfect to warn you about upcoming schools zones, red lights and speed cameras. The unit will also allow you to search for and navigate to the loaded points of interest.
- This version is intended for PPC and Tiger (10.4) users. If you don't fall into this category, you should download and install POI Loader from here.
- System Requirements:
Intel-based or PowerPC G3 or later Mac
256 MB RAM
Changes made from version 2.0.1 to 2.1.0:
- Fixed sending of linked data in GPX files
- Added manual mode
- Added option to remove all POIs from a device
- Added support for 16-bit mono encoded WAV files
- Click on 'Download' and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Double-click the file to open it.
- A new Finder window will open. Locate and double-click on the 'Install Garmin POI Loader' icon.
- Follow the installer program's prompts to install Garmin POI Loader.
- Apple Macintosh with a PowerPC or Intel processor
- Mac OS 10.4 or higher