Fixed-Bail Mounting the Device
NOTICE! If you are mounting the bracket on fiberglass with screws, it is recommended to use a countersink bit to drill a clearance counterbore through only the top gel-coat layer. This will help to avoid cracking in the gel-coat layer when the screws are tightened.
- Select the mounting hardware appropriate for your mounting surface and for the bail-mount bracket.
- Using the bail-mount bracket as a template, mark the pilot holes through the screw holes.
- Using a drill bit appropriate for the mounting hardware, drill the four pilot holes.
- Using the selected mounting hardware, secure the bail-mount bracket to the mounting surface.
Install the bail-mount knobs on the sides of the cradle.
- Place the cradle into the bail-mount bracket , and tighten the bail-mount knobs.
- Connect each cable to a port on the cradle, using the locking bracket or locking rings to secure the cables to the cradle (Installing the Cables and Connectors ).