Flush Mounting the Device
NOTICE! Be careful when cutting the hole to flush mount the device. There is only a small amount of clearance between the case and the mounting holes, and cutting the hole too large could compromise the stability of the device after it is mounted.
NOTICE! Using a metal pry tool such as a screwdriver can damage the trim caps and the device. Use a plastic pry tool when possible.
You can mount the device in your dashboard using the flush-mount template and appropriate hardware.
- Trim the template and make sure it fits in the location where you want to mount the device.
- Secure the template to the mounting location.
- Using a 9.5 mm (3/8 in.) drill bit, drill one or more of the holes inside the corners of the solid line on the template to prepare the mounting surface for cutting.
- Using a jigsaw or rotary cutting tool, cut the mounting surface along the inside of the solid line indicated on the template.
- Place the device into the cutout to test the fit.
- If necessary, use a file and sandpaper to refine the size of the hole.
If your device has trim caps, use a pry tool, such as a flat piece of plastic or a screwdriver, to carefully pry up the corners of the trim caps , slide the pry tool to the center , and remove the trim caps.
- Ensure the mounting holes on the device line up with the pilot holes on the template.
- If the mounting holes on the device do not line up with the pilot holes on the template, mark the new pilot-hole locations on your template.
- Using a 3 mm (1/8 in.) drill bit, drill the pilot holes.
- Remove the template from the mounting surface.
- Place the device in the cradle.
- If you will not have access to the back of the device after you mount it, connect all necessary cables to the cradle and secure the cables with the locking bracket or locking rings before placing the device into the cutout (Installing the Cables and Connectors ).
- To prevent corrosion of the metal contacts, cover unused connectors with weather caps (ECHOMAP™ Plus 70/90 models only).
Install the rubber gasket pieces on the back of the device.
The pieces of the rubber gasket have adhesive on the back. Make sure you remove the protective liner before installing them on the device.
- Connect each cable to a port on the cradle, using the locking bracket or locking rings to secure the cables to the cradle (Installing the Cables and Connectors ).
- Place the device and cradle into the cutout.
- Secure the device to the mounting surface using the included screws.
- Install the trim caps by snapping them in place around the edges of the device.