Updates & Downloads
eTrex Vista C software version 2.70
as of May 3, 2007
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Improved support for Macintosh USB.
- Corrected support for certain carpool/toll roads types in Austria and Switzerland.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Adds support for Topo Great Britain maps.
- Correctly handles apostrophes and prefixes when displaying European city names and streets.
- Correctly displays intersections and addresses when reviewing them as map features.
- Improves searching for intersections in European maps.
- Presents only relevant cities as choices given during address or intersection searches.
- Fixes occasional shutdown on highway page.
- Uses updated search process for WAAS and EGNOS satellites.
- Preserves stopwatch lap distance if user leaves the stopwatch page.
- Corrects profile plot for tracks and routes that cross the Prime Meridian.
- Prevents long idle times during power save GPS mode.
- Sounds anchor drag alarm until reset by the user rather than sounding just a single tone.
- Shows proper units on the map page when reviewing depth contours on the map page.
- Applies map datum only to the Location (selected) field and not to the Location (lat/lon) field.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Improved USB support.
- Fixed problem where excessive track points could be recorded.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Added German tide support.
- Added support for extended resolution maps like Minnesota LakeMaster maps.
- Improved Data Review page to show depth or height of structures like bridges on BlueChart maps.
- Corrected track log filtering.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Corrected intermittent USB data transfer.
- Corrected 'Recalculate' option for 'Off Road' navigation.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Fixed transfer problem with custom waypoint symbols.
- Now reports DEM map support to PC software.
- Fixed shutdown caused by viewing some marine light points.
- Fixed problem with Indonesian Southern Grid using wrong longitude of origin.
- Added 'Select Map' option for Address and Intersection searching.
- Fixed problem where depth could not be displayed in meters on BlueChart maps.
- Fixed problem where waypoint depth was not being saved as invalid when it was unknown.
- Fixed problem where waypoints could not be saved in certain areas of BlueChart maps.
- Fixed problem with the turn review display in German and Italian languages.
- Fixed lockup that could occur when selecting symbols for waypoints.
- Made the way intermittent water areas are drawn more visible.
- Fixed problem where compass pointer could transition to the next turn too quickly.
- Fixed problem with bearing being adjusted improperly when projecting waypoints with a non-zero north reference.
- Fixed lockup that would occur when 'finding by name' and then viewing map information for the point.
- Fixed problem in tide charts where local time axis would not match the station time axis.
- Changed tide stations to show selected date when saved on a calendar day.
- Fixed a potential problem where the wrong number of bytes could be sent for USB get requests.
- Fixed problem with displaying 'Waypoint At Destination' while doing a tracback.
- Fixed lockup that could occur when approaching certain roads on the map.
- Fixed problem where route recalculation would slowly go to 100% and lock up.
- Improved WAAS search and selection process to be smarter in its handling of multiple SBAS service providers, overlapping service volumes, and exceptional conditions.
- Fixed lockup that could occur when selecting a tracback point.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Added the battery indicator to the title bar on the Main Menu page.
- Corrected problems with the Prompted Route Recalculation page.
- Corrected communication problems with third-party software.
- Corrected problem where unit would power on unexpectedly when 'pressure trend recording' was set to 'Save Always'.
- Corrected display of some long European street names.
- Corrected problems with restoring defaults on the Route Definition page.
- Updated translations.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #9 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it. This will launch the Win-Zip Self Extractor. This program compresses the data to allow for a faster download of the needed files.
- A program window will appear asking you where to "Un-zip" the files. This is by default C:\Garmin. You can change this location if you like. Be sure to note where the un-zipped files are going to allow you to find them!
- Click on the button labeled "Un-zip".
- Once the un-zip process is complete, click on the "Close" button to exit the Win-Zip Self Extractor.
- Connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open USB port. Turn the GPS on.
- If your computer asks for a driver, please see the software and installation instructions that came with your device, or download and install the USB driver from Garmin's website at www.garmin.com.
- Open the C:\Garmin folder (or other folder where you un-zipped the files), locate the file named 'Updater' and double click on it.
- You should see the name of your GPS device next to the 'USB Device' option on the Updater program window. Select the 'USB Device' option, then click on 'OK' on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.