Updates & Downloads
Edge Explore 1000 software version 7.10
as of January 4, 2017
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 6.00 to 7.10:
- New feature! Added support for LiveTrack Auto Start.
- New feature! Added support for GroupTrack.
- Fix Course Creator issues.
Changes made from version 5.00 to 6.00:
- New feature! Connect IQ 2.2 Support: Connect IQ Apps, Widgets and Data Fields can now communicate with ANT+ Power Meters and Bike Lights that are already connected to your Edge and can also now take advantage of ANT Burst mode. In addition, Apps and Widgets can take advantage of downloadable content and the new Intents system to create new and innovative experiences.
- Fixed an issue with the Turn Guidance Popup where the Map was not centering on the turn.
- Improved Incident Detection Alert Page to have proper control flow.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 5.00:
- Added support for Varia Vision. Pair with this sensor by turning it on and adding it by selecting Settings > Sensors > Add Sensor > Varia Vision. Choose it from your list of sensors to configure its display settings and data screens.
- Improved experience with Bontrager lights.
- Improved experience with incident detection.
- Resolved issue connecting device to computer
- Resolved issues related to syncing over WiFi and phone
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Fixed an issue with syncing Connect IQ settings.
- Fixed issue where activities using Connect IQ data fields could be corrupted.
- We apologize for the inconvenience, but this update will require you to pair your Edge and phone after the update.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 4.00:
- New feature! CIQ Apps. This release adds the ability run Connect IQ 2.1 apps, which can be downloaded from Garmin Connect. On the device, apps can be found under the IQ button on the home screen.
- New feature! CIQ Widgets. This release adds the ability run Connect IQ 2.1 widgets, which can be downloaded from Garmin Connect. Widgets allow for convenient access to information any time. On the device, widgets are accessible by swiping left or right after pulling down the Status Page.
- Improved Incident Detection usability and handling when not connected to a phone.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 3.00:
- Added support for Connect IQ data fields. On the Edge Explore 1000, you can have ten Connect IQ data fields active at a time. To install Connect IQ data fields, manage your Edge Explore 1000 in Garmin Connect Mobile or Garmin Express. After installing data fields, they will be available in the 'Connect IQ' category when selecting data fields to put on a data screen.
- Fixed a bug preventing the Vector installation angle wizard from advancing.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Improved Varia bike light network performance when using multiple lights and a radar. You must update your Varia Rearview Radar to software version 3.00 to maintain compatibility with Edge.
- A new Radar sensor type has been added and new radar settings are available under Sensor Details that allow you to control radar tones, color overlay, and vehicle column position. These settings are available only after updating your Varia Rearview Radar to software version 3.00 or greater.
- Improved radar overlay display when using Edge menus.
- Improved the light sensor menu and refined light network mode options, adding a high visibility mode.
- Improved the incident detection alert display layout.
- Improved the stability of incident detection and fix the duplicate incident record in the activity summary.
- Improve the performance of POI search.
- Fix the automatic re-connection of LEV sensor.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.