Updates & Downloads
Edge 520 Japan (GCD file) software version 11.00
as of April 10, 2017
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 10.00 to 11.00:
- New Feature! Added support for Shimano Di2 Synchronized Shift. Graphical Gear data fields will now blink, an alert tone will be played, and a message
banner will be displayed to indicate a chain ring shift is upcoming. Synchronized Shift mode can be changed and the alert tones can be disabled through the
Shimano Di2 sensor settings.
- Added improvements for ANT+ bike lights. Added new Light Beam Activated and network Light Mode settings to ANT+ Bike Lights sensor settings. You can
now configure your lights to turn On with a Timer Start by using the new Light Beam Activated setting and there is also a new Trail Light Mode.
- Added support for Connect IQ version 2.2.3.
- Added segment start points to the map.
- Fixed power zone settings not being retained.
- Fixed compass text in night mode.
- Update some translations
Changes made from version 8.00 to 10.00:
- New feature! Incident Detection: in the event of an incident, this feature can send your location to your emergency contacts specified on Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Improvements to Workout Data Screen.
- Improved Grade calculation.
- New feature! Connect IQ 2.2 Support: Connect IQ Apps, Widgets and Data Fields can now communicate with ANT+ Power Meters and Bike Lights that are already connected to your Edge and can also now take advantage of ANT Burst mode. In addition, Apps and Widgets can take advantage of downloadable content and the new Intents system to create new and innovative experiences.
- Update some translations.
Changes made from version 7.10 to 8.00:
- New feature! Added support for LiveTrack Auto Start.
- Added Distance and Time Ahead/Behind as configurable data fields.
- Fixed several issues and made improvements for Varia Vision.
- Fixed several issues and made improvements for Connect IQ.
- Made improvements to the software update page.
- Added mixed surface ride type.
Changes made from version 6.00 to 7.10:
- Added support for Varia Vision. Pair with this sensor by turning it on and adding it by selecting Settings > Sensors > Add Sensor > Varia Vision. Choose it from your list of sensors to configure its display settings and data screens.
- Varia Vision users: Please update to the latest version of Varia Vision software to maintain compatibility with your Edge.
- We apologize for the inconvenience, but this update will require you to pair your Edge and phone after the update.
- New feature! CIQ Apps. This release adds the ability run Connect IQ 2.1 apps, which can be downloaded from Garmin Connect. On the device, apps can be found under the IQ button on the home screen.
- New feature! CIQ Widgets. This release adds the ability run Connect IQ 2.1 widgets, which can be downloaded from Garmin Connect. Widgets allow for convenient access to information any time. On the device, widgets are accessible by swiping left or right after pulling down the Status Page.
- New feature! Added the ability to set an activity's Ride Type. Garmin Connect will show this setting in each ride's Activity Type. You can modify the default setting for each Activity Profile and also manually override this value on the save/discard page for each ride. Please note that the following Ride Type settings are not yet supported on Garmin Connect, but will be added in the upcoming weeks: Commuting, eBike, and eMountain.
- Fixed an issue with syncing Connect IQ settings.
- Fixed issue where activities using Connect IQ data fields could be corrupted.
- Improved experience with ANT+ Bontrager Transmitr bike lights.
- Fixed issue where an extra activity profile is created when importing settings from WKO4.
- Fixed issue where CIQ data fields could cause sensor dropouts.
- Improved experience with Bontrager lights.
- Fixed issue where FTP could be corrupted, which caused TSS and IF metrics to not be recorded.
- Fixed issues with gear shifting data.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 6.00:
- Added support for Connect IQ data fields. On the Edge 520, you can have four Connect IQ data fields active at a time. To install Connect IQ data fields, manage your Edge 520 in Garmin Connect Mobile or Garmin Express. After installing data fields, they will be available in the 'Connect IQ' category when selecting data fields to put on a data screen.
- Fixed a bug preventing the Vector installation angle wizard from advancing.
- Fixed a bug causing the 'Next:' field in a workout to show incorrect information when a series of steps are repeated.
- Added support for ANT+ shifting, enabling the SRAM RED eTAP and Campagnolo EPS systems. You can now view current gear information such as gear ratio and battery status directly on your device.
- Added compatibility with the new WKO4 Coggan individualized power levels (iLevels) by TrainingPeaks. Users can now update their iLevels directly from WKO4 by syncing through a USB connection. To change between using seven power zones or nine Coggan iLevels, go to My Stats > Training Zones > Power Zones > Configuration.
- Fixed an issue with segment leaderboard and weight file syncing through Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Changed the 'Gear Ratio' data field to be expressed as the front gear size divided by the rear gear size. For example, 52-11 is now 4.7. You can now view the size expressed in gear teeth with the new 'Gear Combo' data field.
- Added support for Connect IQ smartphone API for CIQ developers.
- Fixed editing CIQ data field settings on Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Improved the software update process by skipping the initial setup wizard after completing an update.
- Added Firstbeat settings file storage to allow the VO2Max value to be preserved when updating software.
- Changed call and text prompts to require a key press to dismiss so they are not missed.
- Made data entry improvements so leading zeroes are not required for numerical values. For values that require a decimal, this key can be found in the numerical keyboard.
- Changed software updates to require accepting a prompt on the Edge 520 to install. Updates on the device will not automatically install. Please note that this change will affect installing the next update, not this one.
- Fixed an issue with course time for Garmin Connect courses.
- Fixed issue entering data for some settings (Crank Length, Wheel Size, Auto-Pause Speed).
- Fixed issue when switching from one Time in Zone data field to another.
- Fixed various Varia Vision issues.
- Updated to correct software version numbering.
- Fix an issue of bike light config field display error.
- Fix an issue of prompt icon and string error when bike light is low battery.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.