Updates & Downloads
vivosmart HR APAC (region file only) software version 4.00
as of April 5, 2017
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Adjustments to floors climbed algorithm
- Improved storage space handling to help prevent activities being cleared when space was low on device
- Various other improvements
- Fix the bug that user could use music control when GCM is disabled
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Resolved issues that could lead to a flat or empty HR graph on the device.
- Graphical improvements to the HR graph on device.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent custom HR zones from applying to activities besides Other.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent Intensity Minutes from flashing during accumulation.
- Resolved an issue that cause Intensity Minutes to reset while on the charge clip.
- Resolved an issue that would remove completed activities from the on device activity history after a sync.
- Record the number of steps accumulated during a step based activity in the activity file.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent an incoming smart notification from displaying the smart notification alert.
- Improved the speed of manual syncs when a software update is available for download.
- Resolved issues that could cause the backlight to remain off or appear dimmer than it should.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the unit to lock up when processing smart notifications in a Right to Left language.
- Support Vietnamese for SEA SKU.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.80:
- Added Find My Watch capabilities accessible on Garmin Connect
- Added menu option to switch between Automatic and Manual time settings
- Added real-time syncing with Garmin Connect app
- Added smart music control capabilities for iOS 8+
- Improvements to Floors Climbed feature
- Modified Cardio activity default data fields
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.60:
- Enable MoveIQ
- Improved Move alert vibration pattern
- Make sure that vibrations are enabled for standard alerts
- Fixed an issue for some units with incorrect backlight settings
- Improvements to intensity minutes calculations
- Fixed issues where Intensity Minutes could reset to 0 at the wrong time for some people
- Fixed issue where watch would vibrate excessively when a large number of notifications were received
- Numerous optical heart rate improvements
- Improvements to resting heart rate calculations
- Improvements to calorie calculations
- Added time, calorie, and distance alerts to activities
- Enabled heart rate alerts for activities
- Added walk activity
- With support from Garmin Connect, can now configure settings for other activities besides run
- Improved user interface on the heart rate widget
- Improved the scale of the heart rate graph
- Updated translations
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.30:
- Fixed an issue where some European vivosmart HR units could not download necessary languages.
- iPASS version: Improve the stability of reading transaction history.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Added support for Screen lock to prevent unintentional swipes/clicks. Screen lock can be set to auto-lock from settings or locked manually from the power menu (press and hold on the button).
- Added 4 day weather forecast that can be viewed with a press on the current weather widget.
- Improvements to Resting HR. It may take some time before you see your new Resting HR.
- Improvements to Intensity Minutes.
- Improvements to Floors climbed algorithm to filter false positives.
- Vibration intensity of Incoming call and Smart Notifications are now more vibrant.
- Minor improvements to battery life.
- Fixed a bug with activity uploads which caused the recorded activity to not show up on Garmin Connect.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Improvements to Thai string display.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.