Updates & Downloads
GPSMAP 376C software version 5.00
as of May 13, 2013
View installation instructions and system requirements
- This update will also upgrade the software in your GXM30 antenna to version 2.30.
- This update will also upgrade the software in your GXM40 antenna to version 2.30.
- XM Audio Favorites may be deleted when applying this update.
Changes made from version 4.90 to 5.00:
- Support for new 010-10517-02 battery pack
Changes made from version 4.80 to 4.90:
- Improved data validation process for incoming XM/Sirius 'County Warning' data
Changes made from version 4.70 to 4.80:
- Improved GPS satellite acquisition processing
- Updated magnetic variation table with IGRF 2010 model
Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.70:
- Added support for large NAND datacards
- Improved power-up processing
- Improved XM subscription activation processing
Changes made from version 4.40 to 4.60:
- Improved XM weather data map display algorithm
- Added support for GXM 40 antenna
- Improved battery gauge accuracy
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
- Improved XM data validation for XM subscribers with weather data only.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Improved compatibility with 512MB data card
- Improved unit behavior when a blank data card is inserted
- Improved display of battery charge level
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Corrected address search operation with MPC maps.
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Improved GPS satellite acquisition under certain conditions.
- Added support for City Navigator update DVD.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Corrected external voltage alarm persistent behavior between power cycles.
- Corrected state and country information for city searches.
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Improved NMEA output.
- Added support for Canadian weather data.
- Daylight saving changes for United States.
- Added Mexican time zones.
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:
- Corrected 'persist' setting for external voltage alarm.
- Improved ability to move user waypoints while editing a route.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:
- Improved display of recommended route lines on marine charts.
- Improved operation when moving user waypoints with the map cursor.
- Corrected issue with changing usage mode from the Setup tab of the main menu.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Corrected issue that could cause 'WorldMap' series maps from being displayed.
- Increased the number of characters allowed to display map zoom status.
- Corrected text translations.
- Clear trip data to correct issue with previously stored data.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Corrected issue that could cause the odometer field value to become inaccurate.
- Corrected occasional unit shutdown during powerup.
- Improved address search when using postal codes.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Changed distance displayed when measuring distance on the map page to use two digits of precision in marine mode.
- Improved performance of Marine Services search.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.30:
- Improved reception of weather data.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Improved display of timestamp for winds and pressure data.
- Improved display of lake depth contours.
- Improved TracBack when using the entire track.
- Improved GPS reception.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.00:
- Added Iceland time zone.
- Added support for latest Garmin map technology.
- Added ability to select units used for displaying vertical speed.
- Added option for county warning weather alarms to persist.
- Added ability to quickly select entire track for use with TracBack.
- Modified XM Audio page to retain previous category selection when unit is powered off.
- Improved voice guidance for road routes.
- Improved appearance of automotive mode maps.
- Improved Compass page in Automotive mode.
- Improved Sonar page.
- Improved Find menu.
- Improved map selection when changing usage modes.
- Corrected issue that could prevent some message log filter settings from being saved.
- Corrected issue that could cause unit to shut down when using the Highway page.
- Corrected issue with waypoint timestamp updates when transferring from Mapsource.
- Corrected display of 'L' symbol in Turn data field.
- Corrected display of 'Route Truncated' and similar messages when using USB.
- Corrected problem with receiving weather data when the unit is left on for long periods of time.
- Corrected problem with receiving weather data when Battery Saver mode is used.
- Corrected display of surface wind indicators when the map is in Track Up orientation.
- Corrected display of radar coverage data.
- Corrected rare unit lockup when operating with poor XM reception.
- Corrected incorrect display of 'No Subscription' for XM service level.
- Corrected display of cardinal direction on map page when measuring distance.
- Corrected duplicate waypoint creation with GPWPL NMEA sentence input.
- Corrected hilight movement problem on proximity waypoint page.
- Corrected invalid display of Next Turn data field.
- Updated text translations.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Added display of timestamps for additional data types on main menu Weather Page.
- Corrected issues with address search.
- Corrected issue with incorrect battery timer display.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.70:
- Added output of NMEA APB sentence.
- Corrected issue with restoring defaults on Interface setup page.
- Corrected issue that could cause 'lock to road' setting in Automotive mode to be reset.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Corrected issue that could prevent last letter of channel name on XM audio page from being displayed.
- Corrected unit shutdown when using Battery Saver mode.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Added a configurable data field to display the current UTC time.
- Corrected issue that allowed inadvertent enabling of 'Lock To Road' in Marine mode.
- Corrected issue that could prevent serial port format from being saved.
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file for your GPSMAP376C onto your hard drive.
- Connect your GPSMAP376C to a free USB or serial port on your PC with the correct PC interface cable.
- Turn on your GPSMAP376C.
If you are using USB, ensure it shows USB as connected when the cable is plugged in.
If you are using serial, ensure the Serial Data Format is set to 'Garmin Data Transfer' for the port you are using. You can find this setting on the 'Interface' tab of the 'Setup' section of the Main Menu.
- Open the self-extracting archive file and follow the instructions provided by the update application.
During the upload, the GPSMAP376C's display will indicate 'Software Loading....' The upload process should take 1-10 minutes to complete, depending on interface used for update. When the upload is completed, the GPSMAP376C will reset itself and turn on normally.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB or Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.