Updates & Downloads
vivosmart HR software version 4.00
as of February 21, 2017
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Adjustments to floors climbed algorithm
- Fixed an issue where step goals might not update properly for people with multiple Garmin products
- Improved storage space handling to help prevent activities being cleared when space was low on device
- Various other improvements
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Resolved issues that could lead to a flat or empty HR graph on the device
- Graphical improvements to the HR graph on device
- Resolved an issue that could prevent custom HR zones from applying to activities besides Other
- Resolved an issue that could prevent Intensity Minutes from flashing during accumulation
- Resolved an issue that cause Intensity Minutes to reset while on the charge clip
- Resolved an issue that would remove completed activities from the on device activity history after a sync
- Record the number of steps accumulated during a step based activity in the activity file
- Resolved an issue that could prevent an incoming smart notification from displaying the smart notification alert
- Improved the speed of manual syncs when a software update is available for download
- Resolved issues that could cause the backlight to remain off or appear dimmer than it should
- Resolved an issue that could cause the unit to lock up when processing smart notifications in a Right to Left language
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.80:
- Added Find My Watch capabilities accessible on Garmin Connect
- Added menu option to switch between Automatic and Manual time settings
- Added real-time syncing with Garmin Connect app.
- Added smart music control capabilities for iOS 8+
- Improvements to Floors Climbed feature
- Modified Cardio activity default data fields
- Modified behavior to not enter USB Mass Storage Mode until after Garmin Express sets the time
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Make sure that vibrations are enabled for standard alerts
- Fixed an issue for some units with incorrect backlight settings
- Removed blank page in Walk activity
- Improve calorie calculations in cases where Optical Heart Rate is Off
- Fixed issues where Intensity Minutes could reset to 0 at the wrong time for some people
- Fixed issue where watch would vibrate excessively when a large number of notifications were received
- Updated translations
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Numerous optical heart rate improvements
- Enable MoveIQ
- Improvements to intensity minutes calculations
- Improvements to resting heart rate calculations
- Improvements to calorie calculations
- Added time, calorie, and distance alerts to activities
- Enabled heart rate alerts for activities
- Added walk activity
- With support from Garmin Connect, can now configure settings for other activities besides run
- Font improvements
- Improved user interface on the heart rate widget
- Improved the scale of the heart rate graph
- Improved Move alert vibration pattern
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.30:
- Fixed an issue where some European vivosmart HR units could not download necessary languages.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Added support for Screen lock to prevent unintentional swipes/clicks. Screen lock can be set to auto-lock from settings or locked manually from the power menu (press and hold on the button).
- Added 4 day weather forecast that can be viewed with a press on the current weather widget.
- Improvements to Resting HR. It may take some time before you see your new Resting HR.
- Improvements to Intensity Minutes.
- Improvements to Floors climbed algorithm to filter false positives.
- Vibration intensity of Incoming call and Smart Notifications are now more vibrant.
- Minor improvements to battery life.
- Fixed a bug with activity uploads which caused the recorded activity to not show up on Garmin Connect.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
- Depending on your phone, the Incoming Call notification may use a different graphical representation to better reflect capabilities on Android devices.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.90:
- Added a Heart Rate graph that can be viewed with a press on the Heart Rate Widget.
- Fixed an issue that always started the Heart Rate Widget with some default HR values. The Widget will now show the most recently recorded HR reading until it obtains a new valid reading.
- Added music controls widget to the activity training widget loop if the device is paired with a mobile device.
- Gesture based Backlight trigger is now enabled.
- Added support for 'Cardio' and 'Other' activity types.
- Added a new setting to control the display brightness on the device.
- Fixed a bug that reset HR values while the user is in a HR-broadcast session.
- Fixed a bug that enabled sleep tracking while the device is connected to a charger.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Fixed an issue that could cause the device to exit HR broadcast mode unintentionally.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent showing the scroll arrows on smart notifications.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented the user from exiting a smart notification pop up.
- Improvements to the Heart Rate Graph by taking more readings throughout the day.
- Improved setting up a new device using Garmin Express.
- Enhanced User Interface for the Virb widget.
- Better 'Off-Wrist' detection while recording all-day Heart rate.
- Fixed an issue where the date could be set wrong for non-English units.
- Other foreign language improvements for various countries.
- Other minor improvements.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Resolved issue that could prevent manual syncs from completing.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.40:
- Added Weather support and widget
- Added VIRB support and widget
- WHR accuracy improvements
- Battery life improvements
- Intensity minutes calculation improvements
- Resolved various issues with floors climbed data
- Various BLE syncing improvements
- Smart notification improvements
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.