Updates & Downloads
Quest2 software version 3.10
as of March 7, 2008
View installation instructions and system requirements
- **WARNING: FOR NORTH AMERICAN UNITS UPDATING TO VERSION 2.70 OR HIGHER, ANY SUPPLEMENTAL MAPS OR CUSTOM POIS THAT DID NOT ORIGINALY COME WITH THE UNIT WILL BE ERASED. THEY CAN BE RELOADED AFTER THE SOFTWARE HAS BEEN UPDATED, HOWEVER THE FREE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR SUPPLEMENTAL MAPS WILL GREATLY BE REDUCED WITH THIS SOFTWARE UPDATE.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Corrected unit software so that the Retail Map Update will install
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Updated for United States Daylight Saving Time change
- Improved address searches to allow for selecting which map to search on when multiple maps are available
- Corrected problem that prevented some addresses from being found in City Navigator Europe NT v9
- Corrected problem with the unit shutting down when entering certain addresses with City Navigator Europe NT v8
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Fixed the avoid highways setting.
- Added support for considering time restricted roads when calculating a route.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Changed map space allocation to support the North America City Navigator V8 map (SEE WARNING ABOVE).
- Corrected problem with waypoints that have multiple categories associated with them so they appear under the correct categories.
- Corrected problem with the recent finds list not showing the correct point review page.
- Corrected problem with off-road navigation to a single point so that a bearing line is shown on the map.
- Corrected problem with custom waypoint symbols not displaying right.
- Corrected shutdown that would occured when adding a via to an off-road route.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Added support for Topo Great Britain maps.
- Fixed lock-up that would occur on avoidance setup page when the street name was too long.
- Added missing characters used in the cardinal direction display on the map page.
- Changed contour line colors to be different then the path color.
- Fixed problem with correct elevation units not being used on the map after switching to meters.
- Corrected problem with not being able to search by name on dealer database maps.
- Sped up scrolling on Recent Finds list.
- Fixed lockup introduced in version 2.50 software on the custom color setup page.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Improved retrieval of current state/country in the address/intersection find.
- Added full extended postal code support.
- Added ability to search across multiple mapsets for address/intersections.
- Improved display of street names for the address/intersection search.
- Removed undesired exiting of data entry mode when entering streets in the address/intersection find.
- When reviewing a city, the state will now be displayed.
- When downloading maps to MapSource, the user-loaded maps now will be download--not the preloaded maps.
- Corrected issue with unit shutting down when accessing the custom poi category list.
- Improved route calculation speed.
- Enhanced timing and wording of voice prompts.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.40:
- Added ability to perform 'find by name' searches of My Locations
- Corrected potential lockups and associated memory corruption associated with performing points-of-interest searches
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #9 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it. This will launch the Win-Zip Self Extractor. This program compresses the data to allow for a faster download of the needed files.
- A program window will appear asking you where to "Un-zip" the files. This is by default C:\Garmin. You can change this location if you like. Be sure to note where the un-zipped files are going to allow you to find them!
- Click on the button labeled "Un-zip".
- Once the un-zip process is complete, click on the "Close" button to exit the Win-Zip Self Extractor.
- Open the C:\Garmin (or other folder where you un-zipped the files), locate the file named "Updater" and double click on it.
- Connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN USB Interface cable to an open USB port. Turn the GPS on, place it in Simulator mode (refer to your owner's manual for instructions).
- Click on the "OK" button on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.