Updates & Downloads
GPS 35 Series software version 2.50
as of April 24, 2000
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.23 to 2.50:
- Added support for differential beacon tuning.
- Added optional NMEA 2.30 mode indicator field to GPRMC, GPVTG, LCGLL, and LCVTG.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #9 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Unzip the files into this directory by running the downloaded executable file (.exe).
- Connect your GPS unit to a free serial port (Com 1, 2, 3, or 4) on your PC with a PC Interface cable.
- Turn on your GPS unit and ensure the Interface setup is set to 'GRMN/GRMN HOST,' 'Garmin,' or 'DATA TRANSFER SLAVE' mode, depending on the specific Garmin model.
- From the DOS prompt, change directory (CD) to the directory in which you unzipped the files, (i.e., c:\garmin), and run the update program: updatesw.exe.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.