Updates & Downloads
WebUpdater (Windows XP SP3 and newer) software version 2.5.6
as of June 5, 2012
View installation instructions and system requirements
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later is required. For the legacy version click here.
- .NET framework 3.5 SP1 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed.
- Windows Media Player 11 or greater is required (a free download from Microsoft).
- WebUpdater guides you through the process of updating the software in your GPS.
- For some unit updates, this software will clear user memory, including 'Recent Finds' and 'Favorites.' Please back up important data such as routes, tracks, and waypoints to MapSource prior to updating.
- WebUpdater is not compatible with Palm and Pocket PC devices, fixed-mount marine units, chartplotters, fishfinders and some discontinued units. For these products, please see the product's own page on garmin.com and look for the 'Software' link on the right-hand side.
- WebUpdater does not perform Beta updates.
- This download only supports Windows based computer systems. For the Mac download of WebUpdater click here.
Changes made from version 2.5.5 to 2.5.6:
- Changed the reboot behavior of some MTP devices.
- Fixed issue with communicating with Garmin servers.
- Fixed issue with accessing the Temp directory.
Changes made from version 2.5.4 to 2.5.5:
- Fixed issue with GTU10 compatibility.
Changes made from version 2.5.2 to 2.5.4:
- Fixed Russian language strings.
- Fixed issue with connecting with update servers.
Changes made from version 2.5.1 to 2.5.2:
- Fixed issue with GTU10 compatibility
- Fixed issue with being able to continue through the wizard without choosing a device
Changes made from version 2.4.2 to 2.5.1:
- Added ability to update devices with invalid GarminDevice.xml.
- Added overall progress for multiple updates.
- Added Select All/None checkbox on the Multiple Updates page.
- Added error reporting.
Changes made from version 2.4.1 to 2.4.2:
- Changes to support updates for some zumo devices.
Changes made from version 2.4.0 to 2.4.1:
- Fixed issue where Garmin installers using WebUpdater were unable to verify that the update succeeded.
Changes made from version 2.3.3 to 2.4.0:
- Added ability to display notes. For example, warning messages about loss of user data will now be shown within the wizard.
- The check for WebUpdater's own updates has been moved to the first page, so users don't have to select a device before checking for this update.
- Added ability to display change history for updates.
- Added data integrity checks to ensure that the update file has not been corrupted during the transfer from the Garmin website.
- Fixed error with handling case where the device has no voices installed and there were no voice updates available.
- Handle case where the web browser could not be opened when a user clicks on the additional information link.
- Improved handling of cases where user has multiple devices connected during the update.
- Fixed issue where buttons would get cut-off when the Windows Taskbar was at the top of the screen.
Changes made from version 2.3.2 to 2.3.3:
- Change to improve communication with devices which have incomplete firmware.
- Change to improve communication with mass storage devices.
Changes made from version 2.3.1 to 2.3.2:
- Changes to improve performance.
Changes made from version 2.3.0 to 2.3.1:
- Fixed issue where some serial devices were not getting updated.
Changes made from version 2.2.0 to 2.3.0:
- Added support for performing voice and other updates in newer units like the SP 2720, SP 7000 etc.
- Added support for updating Garmin USB Mass Storage devices.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file and double-click on it.
- Once the installation is complete, you may delete the downloaded file.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later operating system.