Updates & Downloads
iQue 3200 Voice Guidance Backup software version 1.0
as of August 3, 2005
View installation instructions and system requirements
- Voice Guidance Backup is a utility that can run on the iQue 3200 to save (backup) the voice guidance files to an expansion card (SD or MMC).
- Once the voice guidance files have been archived to the card with this utility, the iQue 3200 will be able to automatically restore them if they are missing from the device (such as after a hard reset).
- An initial installation of the Palm Desktop for Garmin iQue must be completed before installing this utility.
- This software requires the use of an expansion card (SD or MMC).
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the iQue3200VoiceGuidanceBackup_10.prc and double-click on it. This will launch the Palm Install Tool. If multiple users are defined for your Palm Desktop, select the appropriate user. The Voice Guidance Backup utility should now appear in the list of software that will be installed the next time you run HotSync.
- HotSync your iQue. This will install the utility.
- To run, locate the application called VoicGdncBkup (VoicGdnc...). It can be found under the category of All. Once you have located the VoicGdncBkup application, tap on it once. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the voice guidance files are archived to the card, you may delete the Voice Guidance Backup utility if you wish. It is not needed for voice file restoration. You can delete this utility from the Launcher's Delete... menu.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB or Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.