Updates & Downloads
POI Loader for Windows software version 2.7.3
as of November 7, 2013
View installation instructions and system requirements
- POI Loader for Windows allows you to load custom points of interest into your unit. The input files can be downloaded from the internet or you can create your own. With POI Loader for Windows, you can configure the unit to alert you when you are within a certain distance of a point or if you are driving over a certain speed near a point; perfect to warn you about upcoming schools zones and redlight and speed cameras. The unit will also allow you to search for and navigate to the loaded points of interest.
Changes made from version 2.7.2 to 2.7.3:
- Fixed issue where address information was not being written out in certain situations
Changes made from version 2.7.1 to 2.7.2:
- Fixed issue where where POI loader would delete premium GPI files from devices
- Fixed several issues regarding registry data access
- Fixed an issue with very long file paths
Changes made from version 2.7.0 to 2.7.1:
- Fixed issue with sending POI files with incorrect file extension to SD cards.
Changes made from version 2.6.1 to 2.7.0:
- Added Brazilian Portuguese language support
- Added support for new Garmin devices
- Fixed issues with the Software Update dialog remaining open
Changes made from version 2.6.0 to 2.6.1:
- Fixed issue with reading in CSV files that contain quotes in the position field
- Fixed issue with reading in CSV files that contain escape quotes
Changes made from version 2.5.4 to 2.6.0:
- Added ability to specify a custom POI file's name
- Added ability to handle swapped lat and lon values in CSV files
- Fixed issue with multi-line CSV files not being read correctly
- Fixed issue with extended ASCII characters in CSV files
- Fixed issue with reading large gpx and csv files making the application unresponsive
Changes made from version 2.5.3 to 2.5.4:
- Fixed issue with handling commas in CSV files.
- Fixed issue with file paths including non-English characters.
Changes made from version 2.5.2 to 2.5.3:
- Fixed issue with Asian language translated strings being incorrectly truncated.
Changes made from version 2.5.1 to 2.5.2:
- Fixed an issue with loading BMP files.
- Fixed an issue with saving GPI files to SD cards.
Changes made from version 2.4.2 to 2.5.1:
- Added the capability to save gpi files to a user's directory.
Changes made from version 2.4.1 to 2.4.2:
- Added .gpi file support for code pages other than 1252. This will resolve issues with bad characters in Eastern European and Asian languages.
Changes made from version 2.3.5 to 2.4.1:
- Fixed an issue where a new line as the first line of the description tag would cause POI Loader to crash.
- Added support for Windows Mobile Devices that are running Garmin Mobile XT.
- Added the ability to send bitmap images that contain magenta as a transparent color.
- Added support for subcategories of POI?s.
- Added support for handling individual bitmap symbols for each subcategory of POI's.
- Added support for jpeg (.jpg) images that can be associated with POI's.
- Added support for allowing users to specify a 'Link' directory that contains POI associations, such as bitmap (.bmp) symbols, jpeg (.jpg) images, or mp3 (.mp3) audio files.
- Added support for contact information and address information that can be specified in a GPX (.gpx) file.
- Added a command line option so POI Loader can run automatically without requiring user interaction.
- Added the ability to choose POI files to ignore while installing.
- Added checking for validity of the drive name in the POI path.
- Added a command line option for POI Loader to be run in silent mode.
Changes made from version 2.3.1 to 2.3.2:
- Fixed an issue where reading .gpx files with phone numbers could cause POI Loader to crash.
- Fixed an issue where alerts were being created for all POIs.
- Fixed an issue where certain .bmp files could cause POI Loader to crash.
- Fixed an issue where a .jpg file embedded in a .mp3 file's ID3 tag would not display on the unit.
Changes made from version 2.2.1 to 2.3.1:
- Added support for custom audio prompts
- Added support for Garmin's new TourGuide feature
- Fixed issue where POI alert proximities specified in MapSource created GPX files could be wrong on the unit
- Changed to allow up to 4 lines of header information in .CSV files
- Fixed issue where specifying an invalid pathname could cause POI Loader to crash.
Changes made from version 2.0 to 2.2.1:
- Added support for reading POIs from GPX files. You can now create POIs in MapSource and load them in POI Loader. See product Help for more details.
- Added support for comment lines in .CSV files that start with ';' or '#'. This allows .CSV files created by programs like PoiEdit to work without modifications.
- Added support for a fourth column in the .CSV file for POI details. This was an unadvertised feature in 2.0.
- Added support for embedded line-breaks in the name and comment fields of .CSV files. This allows you to enter multi-line comments like addresses. See product Help for more details.
- Added support for longitude and latitude to be quoted.
- Added Palm support to support the iQue 3000.
- Increased maximum alert proximity range to 65km/37miles.
- Monochrome images (1bit per pixel) are now sent to the unit correctly.
- Fixed translation and layout issues for Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, run the downloaded install file by double clicking on it.
- Once the install is complete, you may delete the downloaded install file.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later operating system.