Updates & Downloads
D2 Bravo software version 3.80
as of January 3, 2017
Use WebUpdater to install this file.
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:
- Added support for Connect IQ SDK 1.4.
- Fixed support for LiveTrack Auto Start
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:
- Improved display of the Navigation Data expiration page.
- Added support for CIQ SDK 1.3.4
- Added support for LiveTrack Auto Start. Once enabled on the Garmin Connect Mobile app (More > LiveTrack), the LiveTrack session will be automatically started when the user begins an activity.
- Improved the app settings editing experience.
- Added support for 'Find My Watch'. (Garmin Connect Mobile App > More > Garmin Devices > Connected Device > Find My Device)
- Added support for VIRB Ultra 30.
- Fixed a potential issue with writing developer data through apps that support the Connect IQ 1.3 SDK.
- Improved support for the new Garmin Face-It mobile app, enabling creation of a Connect IQ watch face with a photo.
- Fixed a potential issue where intensity minutes would reset at midnight.
- Fixed a potential issue where the track log for an activity was not being shown in Garmin Connect.
- Fixed a potential issue where users VO2 max and Performance Condition values were getting affected with non-Run and Bike activities. (Ex: Walk, Hike, SUP etc.)
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Improved overall stability while in an activity.
- Improved Speed alerts within the Fly activity to support speeds up to 990kts.
- Fixed showing nautical units for non-flying activity summaries.
- Added support for Connect IQ 1.3.0 SDK. See the Connect IQ 1.3.0 SDK for a list of new features.
- Added support for Apple Media Service - users can now control any active music player, e.g. Spotify, as well as volume. (requires iOS 8.0 and higher).
- Added support for phone apps to subscribe for more frequent data updates.
- Fixed an issue where Last Run/Swim/Ride widgets could appear blank.
- Fixed military time setting getting overwritten when syncing from Connect.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Fixed high battery drain when using a ConnectIQ watch face and paired to a phone.
- Added notification of FPL transfer failure via Garmin Pilot due to full storage.
- Improved display of distances greater than 999 mi. or km.
- Added support for accessing other data screens while in a swim workout rest interval.
- Improved accuracy of distance and lap counting for Pool Swim.
- Improved the reliability of foot pod calibration.
- Improved ETA and ETE estimates when navigating a (non-flying) course.
- Improved label and background consistency across all widgets.
- Fixed an issue where Project Waypoint was not using the system setting for bearing units. (Settings > Sensors > Compass > Display)
- Fixed a potential issue where VO2 Max and Lactate Threshold estimates were being used incorrectly with Trail Run activities.
- Fixed an issue where distance data fields for SUP were using incorrect precision and units.
- Fixed a potential issue with high battery drain in watch mode.
- Fixed a potential issue where the user was not given a warning alert on the last length of a swim workout.
- Fixed a potential issue where certain multisport profiles were not available in the app list when navigating a course.
- Fixed a potential display issue with one of the analog watch faces. (Requires Display update 3.50)
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Added flight plan transfer support from Garmin Pilot (requires PilotSync Connect IQ app and Garmin Pilot for Android v5.3 or iOS v8.3)
- Added current UTC/Zulu time to TAF page
- Added support for showing more than 100 waypoints (Navigation > Saved Locations)
- Added support for setting backlight brightness to 5%
- Added a goal alert setting (Settings > Activity Tracking > Goal Alert)
- Added swim workout support
- Added ability to see achievements after saving an activity
- Fixed ETE and ETA to be based on current speed instead of average
- Fixed glide ratio and vert. dist. to destination fields while navigating flight plans
- Fixed light key not working on Nav. Data acceptance screen
- Fixed not downloading EPO data over Wifi
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.30:
- Fixed long TAF reports causing instability and incorrect clock time
Changes made from version 2.70 to 3.10:
- Added support for TAF on the METAR widget.
- Added support for entering custom tail number on aviation watch face. (Settings > Watch Face > Tail Number)
- Added new watch face styles.
- Added support for Golf App. Download courses through Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Added support for Jumpmaster App.
- Added support for Tactical App.
- Added support for Project Waypoint App.
- Added support for Standup Paddleboarding (SUP) App.
- Added support for Row App.
- Added support for Row Indoor App.
- Added support for Stress Score App.
- Added support for 'Dual Grid' hot key option.
- Added support for WiFi hot key option.
- Added Do Not Disturb feature and Auto Do Not Disturb (press & hold LIGHT; setup Auto DND through Garmin Connect Mobile).
- Added several new widgets, including Calories, Intensity Minutes, Last Sport, Golf, and My Day.
- Added Steps widget with floors climbed. This replaces the previous Wellness widget. Sleep mode is now automatic but can be entered manually through Settings > Activity Tracking.
- Added support for Advanced Running Dynamics metrics. Requires HRM-Run v6.60 or HRM-Tri v4.20.
- Added support for Connect IQ 1.2.6.
- Added support for Intensity Minutes goals. Requires a connection to a heart rate strap to accrue Vigorous minutes.
- Added preview for backlight brightness.
- Added support for audio alerts in Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Improved the Auto-Fly algorithm.
- Improved the colors used for sensor bar status icons.
- Fixed METAR widget wind speed units.
- Fixed potential issue with battery drain when using Analog watch faces. (Requires display update 3.20)
- Fixed potential issue with display of day/month on the watch face. (Requires display update 3.20)
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.70:
- Added support for Connect IQ SDK 1.2.1.
- Added ability to create Flight Plan (course) on device using saved locations, nearest airports, or entering ICAO identifier.
- Fixed WPT page to correctly update title for multipoint courses.
- Fixed WPT page to correctly update bearing.
- Improved CDI and off course behavior for flight plans.
- Fixed To/From arrow when flying past your destination.
- Added Ascent and Descent elevation alerts (Settings > Apps > Alerts > Elevation).
- Added support for 'repeating' sports in a multisport profile (Settings > Apps > Multi Sport Profile > Repeat). This is useful for events such as 'Swimrun'. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimrun).
- Added support for on device course creation (Navigation > Courses). New data fields such as next waypoint, distance to next waypoint, ETA to next waypoint, ETE to next waypoint etc. were introduced in conjunction with this feature.
- Added new Hands and Background analog watch face options (requires Display firmware version 2.90).
- Improved consistency and accuracy of altimeter auto calibration (performed during a GPS activity). Notes: GPS and manual calibration points will be used to determine the best overall calibration possible. A secondary step when acquiring a GPS fix at activity start will help denote a more accurate fix for altitude purposes (yellow to green ring indication). Settings > Sensors > Altimeter > Auto Cal. is now an On/Off setting as the 'Once' and 'Continuous' settings are no longer necessary. Use Settings > Sensors > Altimeter > Calibrate to calibrate the Altimeter to a known altitude.
- Improved altimeter and barometer accuracy in watch mode (when not performing a GPS activity). Note: use Settings > Sensors > Altimeter > Calibrate or press START from the Altimeter widget to calibrate the Altimeter to a known altitude.
- Improved vibration profiles to be differentiated based on alert type.
- Improved reliability of 'Weather' widget on iOS.
- Improved ability to detect time zone changes without a GPS fix (requires connection to Garmin Connect Mobile app and time set to 'Auto' on device, Settings > System > Time > Set Time).
- Improved activity tracking step calculation accuracy for certain use cases.
- Fixed potential issue with a Foot Pod sensor dropping out as a source for speed.
- Fixed an issue where key presses would not work, if a low battery notification was received when the unit was locked.
- Fixed potential issue with manual altimeter calibration during a GPS activity.
- Fixed issue with Tempe sensor connectivity.
- Fixed a potential issue with exiting the 'Find Phone' app.
- Fixed a potential issue with storm alerts not working in certain use cases.
- Fixed a potential issue with a Foot Pod sensor being incorrectly used as the source for distance accrual.
- Fixed issue with storing a large number of saved locations.
- Fixed potential issue with unexpected battery drain.
- Fixed potential issue reconnecting to ANT+ sensors.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Fixed potential shutdown during Fly activity when hundreds of nautical miles from an aviation database point
- Fixed Altitude/Elevation text for configurable data field titles
- Fixed GPS-based vertical speed (requires GPS firmware version 3.00)
- Fixed METAR widget wind speed units to be based on Nautical Speed setting.
- Added new Hands and Background analog watch face options (requires Display firmware version 2.90).
- Fixed a potential issue with Footpod being incorrectly used as the source for distance accrual.
- Fixed potential issue when receiving a large number of notifications using iOS 9.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Improved accuracy for waypoint distances in Fly activity.
- Added WPT page to Fly activity loop for user defined waypoints
- Improved Fly Navigation off-course behavior
- Corrected unit conversion error in METAR widget
- Changed HSI tick marks to 10 degrees from 15 degrees
- Enabled users to edit saved waypoints
- Improved step count accuracy
- Added ability to configure foot pod speed and distance (Settings > Sensors > Foot Pod).
- Added support for setting up compass user magnetic variation (Settings > Sensors > Compass > North Ref.).
- Added support for Smart Notification Actions (interact with the incoming notifications directly from the pop-up or within the Notifications widget, e.g. clear a message or reject an incoming call).
- Added 'Find My Phone' app (added at the end of the app list).
- Added support for advanced VIRB remote (compatible with VIRB X/XE: control camera settings, display additional status information).
- Added support for HRM-Tri and HRM-Swim.
- Added advanced alarm clock features (multiple alarms, recurring options, notification customization).
- Added support for 'Auto' backlight mode (options are now available to configure backlight separately for keys, alerts and gestures: Settings > System > Backlight).
- Added setting to control Bluetooth connection alerts (Settings > Bluetooth > Alerts).
- Improved GPS tracking performance (Requires GPS Software 2.90. Note: after applying GPS software updates, for best results please allow the device to track GPS signals continuously for 10 to 15 minutes. This one-time process will allow the device to re-accumulate satellite information lost in the update process).
- Added support for Connect IQ SDK 1.1.3.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Fixed an issue with maintaining the map zoom scale while scrolling through timer pages in a Fly activity.
- Fixed a potential issue with the HSI compass CDI bar.
- Fixed a potential issue with the day indication failing to update on the watch face.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.