Updates & Downloads
GPSMAP 276C Plus software version 4.70
as of May 13, 2013
View installation instructions and system requirements
- WARNING: If you are updating from a previous software version, this software may clear user memory.
- Please back up important data (routes, tracks, and waypoints) to MapSource prior to updating.
Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.70:
- Support for new 010-10517-02 battery pack
Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.60:
- Improved GPS satellite acquisition processing
- Updated magnetic variation table with IGRF 2010 model
Changes made from version 4.40 to 4.50:
- Added support for large NAND datacards
- Improved power-up processing
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
- Improved battery gauge accuracy
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Improved compatibility with 512MB data card
- Improved unit behavior when a blank data card is inserted
- Improved display of battery charge level
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Corrected address search operation with MPC maps.
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Improved GPS satellite acquisition under certain conditions.
- Added support for City Navigator update DVD.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Corrected external voltage alarm persistent behavior between power cycles.
- Corrected state and country information for city searches.
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Improved NMEA output.
- Daylight saving changes for United States.
- Added Mexican time zones.
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:
- Corrected 'persist' setting for external voltage alarm.
- Improved ability to move user waypoints while editing a route.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:
- Improved display of recommended route lines on marine charts.
- Improved operation when moving user waypoints with the map cursor.
- Corrected issue with changing usage mode from the Setup tab of the main menu.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Corrected issue that could cause 'WorldMap' series maps from being displayed.
- Increased the number of characters allowed to display map zoom status.
- Corrected text translations.
- Clear trip data to correct issue with previously stored data.
- Added Czech voice support.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Corrected issue in previous software revision that could cause some unit settings to be restored to defaults.
- Corrected issue in previous software revision that could prevent the time zone from being changed.
- Corrected issue that could cause the odometer field value to become inaccurate.
- Corrected occasional unit shutdown during powerup.
- Improved address search when using postal codes.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Changed distance displayed when measuring distance on the map page to use two digits of precision in marine mode.
- Improved performance of Marine Services search.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.30:
- Fixed SBAS compatibility issues with the Japanese MSAS system.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Improved display of lake depth contours.
- Improved TracBack when using the entire track.
- Improved GPS reception.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 3.00:
- Added Iceland time zone.
- Added support for latest Garmin map technology.
- Added ability to select units used for displaying vertical speed.
- Added ability to quickly select entire track for use with TracBack.
- Improved voice guidance for road routes.
- Improved Compass page in Automotive mode.
- Improved Sonar page.
- Improved Find menu.
- Improved map selection when changing usage modes.
- Corrected issue that could prevent some message log filter settings from being saved.
- Corrected issue that could cause unit to shut down when using the Highway page.
- Corrected issue with waypoint timestamp updates when transferring from Mapsource.
- Corrected display of 'L' symbol in Turn data field.
- Corrected display of 'Route Truncated' and similar messages when using USB.
- Corrected display of cardinal direction on map page when measuring distance.
- Corrected duplicate waypoint creation with GPWPL NMEA sentence input.
- Corrected hilight movement problem on proximity waypoint page.
- Corrected invalid display of Next Turn data field.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Corrected issues with address search.
- Corrected issue with incorrect battery timer display.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Added output of NMEA APB sentence.
- Corrected issue with restoring defaults on Com setup pages.
- Corrected issue that could cause 'lock to road' setting in Automotive mode to be reset.
- Corrected issue that could cause unit to power off when editing information on the Welcome setup page
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.40:
- Improved visibility of airport runways on detailed maps.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Removed possibility of accidentally enabling 'Lock To Roads' when not in Automotive or Offroad modes.
- Added configurable field for UTC Time.
- Improved Low Battery warning message.
- Fixed nav alarms (next turn, arrival, off course, and anchor drag).
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Added support for German tide stations.
- Added support for more time zones.
- Added support for NMEA BWC and extended DSC (DSE) sentences.
- Added support for LakeMaster maps.
- Added ability to select a particular map family when performing an address search.
- Added ability to stop navigation from the Current Route page when in Automotive mode.
- Improved accuracy of track log generation.
- Improved readability of owner information text during powerup.
- Improved USB transfers from MapSource.
- Increased resolution of distance fields when in Marine mode.
- Corrected shutdown that could occur when performing a TracBack in Automotive mode.
- Corrected shutdown that could occur on the Line tab of the Map Setup page.
- Corrected default Nearest Type selection on Position page.
- Corrected display of map outlines.
- Corrected functioning of Off-Course alarm.
- Corrected date display on Celestial pages.
- Improved display of street addresses in Find menu.
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file for your GPSMAP276C Plus onto your hard drive.
- Connect your GPSMAP276C Plus to a free USB or serial port on your PC with the correct PC interface cable.
- Turn on your GPSMAP276C Plus. If you are using USB, ensure it shows USB as connected when the cable is plugged in. If you are using serial, ensure the Serail Data Format is set to 'Garmin Data Transfer' for the port you are using. You can find this setting on the 'Com 1' or 'Com 2' tab of the 'Setup' section of the Main Menu.
- Open the self-extracting archive file and follow the instructions provided by the update application.
During the upload, the GPS display will indicate 'Software Loading....' The upload process should take 1-10 minutes to complete, depending on interface used for update. When the upload is completed, the GPS will reset itself and turn on normally.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB or Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.