Updates & Downloads
Forerunner 920XT software version 8.03 Beta
as of July 15, 2016
View installation instructions
- For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to email@example.com. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
- In the process of troubleshooting reported issues we may access information in your Garmin Connect account, such as your activity files. More information about Garmin's privacy policies can be found at:
- Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
Changes made from version 7.10 to 8.03:
- Added Connect IQ 1.3.0 SDK support. See the Connect IQ 1.3.0 SDK for a list of new features.
- Added support for displaying equipment icons in swim workouts.
- Improved pool swim distance algorithm.
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Connect your Forerunner 920XT to your computer using the USB cable.
- Download and unzip Forerunner920XTBeta.zip. Place the gupdate.rgn file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
- Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
- If you would like to revert to the last public release software, follow the above steps but place the gupdate-710.rgn file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename the file to gupdate.rgn before disconnecting your device.
NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.