Updates & Downloads
Vivoactive software version 4.40
as of December 14, 2016
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
- Added support for Connect IQ 1.4.2
- Fix recording of Foot Pod cadence in some sports
- Fixed custom Time/Distance alert messages
- Fix Interval Time data field selection in Swim activity
- Prevent Step Goal banner dismissing prematurely
- Prevent smart notification alerts while in Connect IQ Applications
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Added support for Connect IQ 1.3.3
- Improved Pool Swim distance algorithm
- Other minor fixes and improvements
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.20:
- Fixed issue with Android music controls
Changes made from version 3.80 to 4.00:
- Added support for Connect IQ 1.3
- Added support for Apple Media Service - users can now control any active music player, e.g. Spotify, as well as volume (requires iOS 8.0 and higher)
- Added support for phone apps to subscribe for more frequent data updates
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:
- Fixed issue with sleep detection
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.70:
- Added support for manual sync request from Garmin Connect Mobile
- Fixed issue with device settings sync after first time pairing
- Turned off GPS when starting a Connect IQ app to allow the app to determine if GPS should be turned on
- Added compatibility with golf maps containing hazards
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Updated Connect IQ to support version 1.2.6.
- Improved Bluetooth synchronization.
- Fixed a weather synchronization bug.
- Improved screen refresh on some pages.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Fixed issue with delays in getting GPS fix introduced in 3.30.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Updated Connect IQ to support version 1.2
- Fixed translation issues
- Improved synchronization with Garmin Connect Mobile
- Added menu option to control Bluetooth connected/disconnected alert, set alert to off by default.
- Improved Bluetooth connection handling
- Fixed a distance accumulation bug related to GPS
- Fixed calorie calculation when swimming
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Improvements to the Alarm application to handle different time zones
- Enhanced the vibration intensity of the Goal reached notification.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Fixed a bug that prevented ConnectIQ object store from working consistently.
- Fixed a layout issue that caused Golf Layups to get truncated in certain languages.
- Improvements to extend battery life when using ConnectIQ watch faces.
- Fixed a bug that caused weekday alarms to go off on weekends for
some users in certain time zones.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
- Added support for Connect IQ SDK version 1.1.2
- Added Smart Notifications Actions support. Users can now interact with the incoming notifications directly from the notification pop-ups or using the menu button within the notification widget. Users can also reject an incoming call from the device.
- Added support for multiple alarms and the ability to have recurring alarms (weekday/weekends/daily).
- Added support to let users have ConnectIQ watch faces even when in
- Fixed a bug that caused certain devices to go back to the initial
language set up pages even after a successful pairing attempt during the initial set up process.
- Added an additional longer vibration setting.
- Other bug fixes and enhancements to improve stability and battery life.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Fixed a bug that caused units to reset after the user reaches
the daily step goal when using some ConnectIQ watch faces.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes failed to force a Sync when the user opens the Garmin Connect Mobile application.
- Added functionality to guard against accidentally exiting golf.
- Improved general stability of golf application.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Added new settings to control the intensity of vibrations
- Added the ability to cache the most recently played Golf course
and play it again without needing a phone connection
- Fix an issue that caused long activities to not upload immediately
- Added a new fireworks page to congratulate the user on achieving his daily step goal
- More fixes to improve battery life and other minor improvements/bug fixes
- Updated to ConnectIQ SDK 1.1.1
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Avoid unit shutdown/restart when an incorrect time is received from the phone.
- Fix battery drain caused by poor Bluetooth reception.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Made further Improvements to ConnectIQ.
- General bug fixes and improvements.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Added ANT support for Connect IQ.
- Added auto detection of starting hole in Golf Application.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Improved GPS accuracy when using the Golf application.
- Updated vibration intensity for alerts and other notifications.
- Bug fixes to improve the stability of the Calendar widget.
- Other bug fixes and minor improvements.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.