Updates & Downloads
HomePort software version 2.2.9
as of January 28, 2015
View installation instructions and system requirements
View fishing and navigational charts from BlueChart g2 Vision® (also compatible² with BlueChart g2, LakeVü HD and LakeVü HD Ultra navigation charts)
Integrated with ActiveCaptain? content to view marina data, reviews, local knowledge, anchorages and hazards
View animated playback of data collected on device, including sonar data
Measure distance and bearing on the charts
View route/track depth profiles, distance and bearing measurements
Convert tracks into point-to-point routes (track to route conversion) and specifies the speed for each leg of the route
Get estimated arrival time for each leg when you create routes
See fuel consumption (based on your fuel flow data)
Export selected data to Google? Earth
View statistics and graphical information about tide stations, tidal streams and currents, and tidal predictions
View latitude and longitude grid lines
Manage waypoints, routes and tracks
View the map north-up, map-up or course-up
View celestial information such as sunrise, sunset and moon phase
View photos and POI details
Add vector charts
Navigate with worldwide basemap (included)
Mark waypoints and other POIs, and send data to an SD? card or Garmin datacard to use in a compatible chartplotter or sounder³
Interfaces with quatix?
Windows XP SP3 or later
2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
1024 MB RAM (2048 MB recommended)
At least 1024 x 768 display
250 MB disk space
Microsoft® .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (included)
Video card that supports DirectX 9.0
microSD/SD card reader or Garmin proprietary USB card reader (Garmin proprietary USB card reader is not 64-bit compatible)
Not for use with dial-up Internet access
Changes made from version 2.2.5 to 2.2.9:
- Added support for multi-type channel display in Sonar playback
Changes made from version 2.2.4 to 2.2.5:
- Fixed showing some naviagation hazards as depths when they should have been reported as heights.
Changes made from version 2.2.1 to 2.2.4:
- Added support for moving and deleting ActiveCaptain markers.
- Added sonar playback support for DownVu and SideVu sonar recordings.
Changes made from version 2.1.1 to 2.2.1:
- Added the ability to display and search for markers from ActiveCaptain.
- Added the playback of recorded sonar data.
- Added support for Garmin Cloud Storage.
- Added the ability to display the virtual starting line from the Quatix device.
- Revised the user interface for finding places.
- Added ability to report map errors.
- Added Russian language.
- Fixed problem with reading Marine Maps from 2 Gigabyte Garmin-Proprietary cards.
- Fixed incorrect tide prediction time display when daylight savings time is in effect.
- Fixed unexpected application shutdown when attempting to modify data on a write-protected data card.
Changes made from version 2.0.0 to 2.1.1:
- Return to the previously used map when the program is started.
- Print range, bearing, and position of next waypoint in the route directions list.
- Fixed startup problem caused by attempt to read older maps on CDâ??s which were part of legacy MapSource installations.
- Fixed various other problems in response to user-submitted crash reports.
- Download the Garmin HomePort file into a directory on your hard drive. (i.e., c:\downloads).
- Change to the directory in which you downloaded the files, (i.e., c:\downloads), and run the executable file (.exe). Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the HomePort installation.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later operating system.