Updates & Downloads
GPSMAP 64 (WebUpdater) software version 4.70
as of February 28, 2017
View system requirements
Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.70:
- Fixed issue where the compass wouldn't work when the bike sensor was on.
- Fixed issue where track portions were being saved incorrectly.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.50:
- Added support for optional MTP interface mode (Setup > System > Interface)
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.20:
- Improved Bluetooth pairing.
- Fixed importing adventures from SD cards.
- Fixed possible routing crash.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Improved 'Save Portion' track feature. When saving a portion, the device now remembers that position in the track log so it can be used as a track segment for future portion saving.
- Fixed possible erroneous track point on power on.
- Fixed formatting issue with certain map names in the map information list.
- Fixed output of SNR in $GPGSV NMEA sentence.
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.90:
- Improved map load times
- Fixed possible shutdown when scrolling through the waypoints list
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.70:
- Improved 3-axis compass performance
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.40:
- Fixed shutdown on charging page when PAGE or QUIT buttons are pressed
- Fixed possible shutdown in when reviewing a route in Russian
- Fixed device not reconnecting to a tempe wireless temperature sensor across a power cycle
- Fixed several track distance statistic issues
- Fixed waypoint distances being listed incorrectly for Waypoint Averaging
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Improved cartography support (Garmin Hunt View maps)
- Improved boot time when a large amount of BirdsEye satellite imagery is present
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Fixed issue with power off pressure trending (64s/64st models).
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
- Fixed issue with geocaching 'Next Stage' feature.
- Fixed potential issue with geocache filters.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Added support for Android version of Garmin Connect Mobile app (for LiveTrack).
- Improved 3-axis compass performance.
- Fixed missing 'AA Battery Type' option when not using the optional rechargeable battery pack in Setup > System. This only affected the standard (yellow) GPSMAP 64 model.
- Fixed issue with barometer when auto calibration is turned off.
- Fixed missing ascent, descent, and elevation statistics when reviewing certain tracks.
- Fixed possible shutdown when using custom waypoint symbols.
- Fixed possible shutdown when displaying the option menu in Czech.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.80:
- Fixed freeze when 'Geocaches' is present in the page sequence
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Fixed issue causing possible slow boot times
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Improved average ascent and average descent data fields
- Improved vertical speed and grade data fields
- Improved transfer speed between device and BaseCamp Mobile or Garmin Connect Mobile (64s/64st models)
- Fixed potential issue when programming a chirp (64s/64st models)
- Fixed potential shutdown when using smart notifications
- Fixed displaying duplicate smart notifications in certain instances
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.40:
- Added support for additional ActiveRouting cartography
- Improved display of marine-specific lines in BlueChart g2 maps
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.