Updates & Downloads
Edge 1000 software version 11.10
as of November 7, 2016
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 10.00 to 11.10:
- New feature! Connect IQ 2.2 Support: Connect IQ Apps, Widgets and Data Fields can now communicate with ANT+ Power Meters and Bike Lights that are already connected to your Edge and can also now take advantage of ANT Burst mode. In addition, Apps and Widgets can take advantage of downloadable content and the new Intents system to create new and innovative experiences.
- New feature! Time in Zone data fields for Heart Rate and Power.
- Fixed an issue with the Turn Guidance Popup where the Map was not centering on the turn.
Changes made from version 9.20 to 10.00:
- New feature! Added support for LiveTrack Auto Start.
- New feature! Added support for GroupTrack.
- Added Distance and Time Ahead/Behind as configurable data fields.
- Added Bike Lights options to Shimano Di2 remote controls. Now you can control ANT+ Bike Lights remotely with your Shimano Di2 Dura Ace shifters!
Changes made from version 9.10 to 9.20:
- Fixed several issues and made improvements for Varia Vision.
- Fixed several issues and made improvements for Connect IQ.
- Fixed an issue uploading activities over Wi-Fi.
- Made improvements to the software update page.
- Added mixed surface ride type.
Changes made from version 9.00 to 9.10:
- Fixed an issue with syncing Connect IQ settings.
- Fixed issue where activities using Connect IQ data fields could be corrupted.
- We apologize for the inconvenience, but this update will require you to pair your Edge and phone after the update.
Changes made from version 8.30 to 9.00:
- New feature! CIQ Apps. This release adds the ability run Connect IQ 2.1 apps, which can be downloaded from Garmin Connect. On the device, apps can be found under the IQ button on the home screen.
- New feature! CIQ Widgets. This release adds the ability run Connect IQ 2.1 widgets, which can be downloaded from Garmin Connect. Widgets allow for convenient access to information any time. On the device, widgets are accessible by swiping left or right after pulling down the Status Page.
- Improved experience with ANT+ Bontrager Transmitr bike lights.
Changes made from version 8.10 to 8.30:
- New feature! Added the ability to set an activity's Ride Type. Garmin Connect will show this setting in each ride's Activity Type. You can modify the default setting for each Activity Profile and also manually override this value on the save/discard page for each ride. Please note that the following Ride Type settings are not yet supported on Garmin Connect, but will be added in the upcoming weeks: Commuting, eBike, and eMountain.
- Fixed issue where an extra activity profile is created when importing settings from WKO4.
- Added support for two new data fields on the Varia Vision: Gear Battery and Gear Combo
- Fixed issue where CIQ data fields could cause sensor dropouts.
- Improved experience with Bontrager lights.
- Fixed issue where FTP could be corrupted, which caused TSS and IF metrics to not be recorded.
- Fixed issues with gear shifting data.
Changes made from version 8.00 to 8.10:
- Fixed heart rate zone target alerts in workouts.
- Fixed various Varia Vision issues.
Changes made from version 7.00 to 8.00:
- Varia Vision users: Please update to the latest version of Varia Vision software to maintain compatibility with your Edge.
- Added support for ANT+ shifting, enabling the SRAM RED eTAP and Campagnolo EPS systems. You can now view current gear information such as gear ratio and battery status directly on your device.
- Added compatibility with the new WKO4 Coggan individualized power levels (iLevels) by TrainingPeaks. Users can now update their iLevels directly from WKO4 by syncing through a USB connection. To change between using seven power zones or nine Coggan iLevels, go to My Stats > Training Zones > Power Zones > Configuration.
- Added the following features from the Edge 520:
- Indoor trainer support
- Independent GPS modes for activity profiles
- FTP test workout
- Auto-FTP calculation
- Auto-Max HR calculation
- VO2 Max calculation
- Recovery advisor
- Fixed an issue with segment leaderboard and weight file syncing through Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Changed the 'Gear Ratio' data field to be expressed as the front gear size divided by the rear gear size. For example, 52-11 is now 4.7. You can now view the size expressed in gear teeth with the new 'Gear Combo' data field.
- Added support for the Connect IQ smartphone API for CIQ developers.
- Fixed editing CIQ data field settings on Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Improved the software update process by skipping the initial setup wizard after completing an update.
- Added Firstbeat settings file storage to allow the VO2Max value to be preserved when updating software.
- Changed call and text prompts to require a key press to dismiss so they are not missed.
- Fixed issue with course time for Garmin Connect courses.
- Fixed activity review for rides recorded without location information (indoor rides).
- Improved direct routing and Back-to-Start.
Changes made from version 6.00 to 7.00:
- Added support for Connect IQ data fields. On the Edge 1000, you can have ten Connect IQ data fields active at a time. To install Connect IQ data fields, manage your Edge 1000 in Garmin Connect Mobile or Garmin Express. After installing data fields, they will be available in the 'Connect IQ' category when selecting data fields to put on a data screen.
- Fixed a bug preventing the Vector installation angle wizard from advancing.
- Fixed a bug causing the 'Next:' field in a workout to show incorrect information when a series of steps are repeated.
- Improved searching in the 'Where To?' menu.
- Fixed once-per-second data recording.
Changes made from version 5.20 to 6.00:
- Added support for Varia Vision. Pair with this sensor by turning it on and adding it by selecting Settings > Sensors > Add Sensor > Varia Vision. Choose it from your list of sensors to configure its display settings and data screens.
- Improved stability of ANT+ and Bluetooth connections to address dropout issues.
- Improved navigation by leveraging enhanced map data in 2015.30 cycle maps.
- Added the ability to automatically download software updates over Bluetooth. You will be able to download the next software update after this one by pairing to a smartphone with the Garmin Connect Mobile app.
Updates can be installed when you are prompted after they are downloaded. If you choose to wait, a ready-to-install update can be found in Menu > Settings > About > System > Software Update.
- Fixed an issue causing some manual activity uploads over Bluetooth to fail.
Changes made from version 5.10 to 5.20:
- Improved Varia bike light network performance when using multiple lights and a radar. You must update your Varia Rearview Radar to software version 3.00 to maintain compatibility with Edge.
- A new Radar sensor type has been added and new radar settings are available under Sensor Details that allow you to control radar tones, color overlay, and vehicle column position. These settings are available only after updating your Varia Rearview Radar to software version 3.00 or greater.
- Improved radar overlay display when using Edge menus.
- Improved the light sensor menu and refined light network mode options, adding a high visibility mode.
- Fixed issue where the odometer data field reported the total distance for the wrong activity profile.
- Added support for 2015.30 cycle maps.
Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.10:
- Added support for Varia Smart Bike Lights. Now you can form a network of lights including head lights, tail lights, and a rearview radar tail light.
- Added the ability to edit crank length for PowerTap P1 pedals.
- Fixed an issue where the totals for custom activity profiles would be erased after a software update.
- Fixed an issue where auto lap distance, auto pause speed, alert distances, and virtual partner speed would revert back to default values after a software update.
- Fixed an issue where segments would randomly not start.
- Fixed an issue where courses would sometimes not start at a point along the course but away from the start location.
- Improved device performance with many segments loaded.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 5.00:
- Added support for Varia Rearview Radar.
- Improved stability of device transfers.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 4.10:
- Added support for Strava Live Segments. To start the Strava Live Segments experience, go to connect.garmin.com and link your Garmin Connect account with your Strava premium account through the segments widget, then sync with your Edge 1000 through WiFi, Garmin Connect Mobile, or Garmin Express.
- Increased the amount of segments that can be stored from 50 to 100.
- Fixed Edge Remote connection issues.
- Fixed an issue with route replacement.
- Fixed missed calls not displaying the phone number when connected to an Android phone.
- Improved Bluetooth file download notifications.
- Fixed Distance Ahead/Behind data field when riding a segment with the Virtual Partner training page disabled.
- Fixed Course Point Distance data field.
- Fixed Pedal Smoothness and Torque Effectiveness ride summary fields with left-side-only power meters.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Restored support for legacy heart rate monitors.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.00:
- New feature! Added the ability to update sensor software on supporting sensors which includes Vector power and HRM-Run sensors.
- New feature! Added the ability to configure Vector features. Turning off the Cycling Dynamics setting will help to extend Vector battery life. To do so, select Settings > Sensors > [your Vector sensor] > Sensor Details > Vector Features > Cycling Dynamics.
- Due to the previous change, cycling dynamics, torque effectiveness and pedal smoothness capabilities for supporting Vector power sensors will need to be re-enabled. These new settings can be found in the Settings > Sensors > [your Vector sensor] > Sensor Details > Vector Features menu.
- New feature! Added the ability to pair Vector S and Vector 2S pedals to a Vector upgrade pedal.
- Improved the accuracy of the ascent and descent calculations.
- Fixed bug preventing downloading training plans over Wi-Fi.
- Fixed bugs and made improvements to the Elevation graph page.
- Improved turn guidance instructions.
- Fixed issue where parts of map files would not load. This issue could be seen on devices that contained large map files such as the GB Discoverer Premium 1:25K maps.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Fixed an issue causing automatic upload failures with the Garmin Connect Mobile app on Android.
- Fixed an issue causing manual upload failures with the Garmin Connect Mobile app on both Android and iPhone platforms.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.70:
- Added landscape orientation option. To switch orientation, select Settings > System > Display > Orientation > Landscape.
- Added Vector Cycling Dynamics support, which includes Power Phase (PP) and Platform Center Offset (PCO). Visit http://sites.garmin.com/vector to learn more.
- Added Shimano Di2 shifter remote control support. Now you can advance training pages on your Edge 1000 remotely with your Shimano Di2 shifters.
- Improved stability of ANT and Bluetooth connections.
- Fixed issue with sensors not automatically connecting on power-up.
- Fixed issue with Wi-Fi network settings disappearing.
- Improved device transfers.
- Improved odometer data field by displaying the total distance for the active activity profile.
- Improved course settings by allowing independent control of turn guidance and off course warnings.
- Fixed issue with custom maps failing to load from internal storage.
- Fixed issue causing the elevation profile to display incorrectly while riding a segment.
- Fixed issue causing the Edge Remote and Shimano Di2 icons to not display in the status bar when connected.
- Made numerous general UI improvements.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Added support for iOS 8 call and text notifications.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Added support for call and text notifications for Android (4.3 and higher). Requires Garmin Connect Mobile app update (2.3 and higher).
- Improved Bluetooth connection stability.
- Added many options for courses and segments, including a turn guidance option that is off by default. Previously, turn guidance was always on, enabling turn-by-turn directions using available roads in the map. With turn guidance off, an off-course warning will be given if you stray from the course.
- Added Vector S support.
- Added a step to enter crank length to the initial Vector setup process.
- Added ability to customize Vector left and right pedal scale factors.
- Fixed issues with setting slope for SRM power meters.
- Added activity profile totals, which includes total distance, time, calories, and number of rides. If you miss the bike profile odometer feature, you can track totals by creating activity profiles for each bike.
- Added upcoming elevation information to the elevation profile while following a course, segment, or route.
- Increased text size for alert messages.
- Improved post-ride experience by adding an activity review and an improved personal records summary.
- Improved reliablity of device transfers.
- Improved Wi-Fi stability.
- Fixed issue sending WEP passwords from Garmin Express to the device.
- Made numerous general UI improvements.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Made improvements to Bluetooth connection stability.
- Made improvements to prevent unnecessary touch screen locked messages. While recording an activity and other situations when touch accuracy is critical, a large amount of perspiration or rain may cause the screen to lock. To clear the locked status remove perspiration or rain by swiping the screen with a full, bare palm.
- Added Device Transfers feature for sharing Courses, Workouts, and Segments between Edge 1000 devices.
- Added Segment support to the Route Planner.
- Fixed issue preventing Shimano Di2 gear sizes from being entered. Some users may need to reenter the gear sizes following the update.
- Changed supported Wifi WEP security from WEP-shared to WEP-open.
- Fixed an issue causing Bluetooth Smart to advertise without a smart phone being previously paired.
- Made numerous improvements to Segments, including smarter detection to ignore Segments that are heading in the opposite direction of travel and increased Segment name length.
- Made improvements to Route Planner.
- Added Bluetooth and Wifi MAC addresses to the device About page.
- Added Sensor About page for all sensors. Some older ANT+ sensors may not support sending this information.
- Fixed issue causing unrealistic values to be calculated for Normalized Power, Intensity Factor, and Training Stress Score with some power sensors.
- Added Navigation in Progress to the Status Bar / Connections UI for easier access to stopping navigation.
- Fixed collection of bugs, freezes, and shutdowns.
- Made several general UI improvements.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Made various improvements to segments.
- Improved ANT sensor reception.
- Improved Bluetooth connection setup.
- Fixed issues with connecting to some Wi-Fi networks.
- Improved Edge Remote connection reliability.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.