Updates & Downloads
VIRB Edit for Mac software version 3.1.0
as of July 1, 2015
View installation instructions
- VIRB Edit combines your video footage with GPS and other data from either the VIRB Elite Action Camera or a compatible Garmin device. The result is a rich video experience that you can easily share and post online.
- Add gauges and graphs to your video to show speed, elevation, heart rate, g-force, lap times and more.
- Add text and titles to your video
- Trim, reorder and stitch clips together.
- Associate your GPS data with your video.
- Adjust the volume and speed of individual clips.
- Add music to your video.
- Publish directly to YouTube or Facebook or export to your computer for easy online sharing.
- System Requirements:
- Mac OS X running OS 10.10 or higher.
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 720
Changes made from version 3.0.1 to 3.1.0:
- Added Norwegian(Bokmal) localization
- Added aviation G-Metrix and gauges
- Added marine G-Metrix and gauges
- Added ability to control playback from the map marker again
- .glv files are now deleted from the VIRB X and XE when their videos are removed
- Improved the jump and rotation algorithms
- Improved timeline behavior: selection now updates based on playback
- Improved search filter behavior for Overlay Templates
- Improved playback performance of sped up clips
- Fixed items in Last Import being out of order
- Fixed clips ignoring 'Rotate 180' settings when playing back on the GPS Sync or Activity Start Time screens
- Fixed titles all showing at once in clips with no G-Metrix
- Fixed titles sometimes falling off the back of the video and becoming not-selectable when deleting clips
- Fixed hang after 'Examining Clips' on the device import screen
- Fixed hangs when editing clips or loading gauges
- Fixed drag and drop of multiple items in the media library
- Fixed various issues
Changes made from version 2.9.2 to 3.0.1:
- New, clearer application design and video editing timeline
- Added support for duplicating, splitting, and trimming clips in the timeline via context menu
- Added a new 'G-Metrix' tab to display what kind of data is available in the current clip's G-Metrix log
- Added support for VIRB X/XE action cameras
- Added easy switching between clips recorded at the same time by automatically detecting and aligning videos that start and end within 4 seconds of each other
- Added support for adding photos to videos
- Added photo sharing
- Added 'bookmark' camera icons in the video editing timeline for photos taken on VIRB X/XE cameras while a video clip was recording
- Added support for multiple photo/clip selection in the Media Library to make it easier to delete or add multiple photos/clips at once
- Added support for multiple video selection in the Gallery
- Added support for gauges and graphs of OBD-II data
- Added support for gauges displaying HRM-Run's running oscillation and stance time data
- Fixed compass 'bearing' gauges spinning while stopped
- Fixed various G-Metrix alignment issues
- Fixed various gauge data display issues
Changes made from version 2.9.1 to 2.9.2:
- Fixed various import and application startup bugs.
Changes made from version 2.8.0 to 2.9.1:
- Added the ability to download new gauges.
- Added a second accent color to customize gauges.
- Added support in Gauge Builder for moving gauge components with the mouse.
- Added the ability to get information about clips.
- Map now pans to keep marker visible while playing a video.
- Fixed various bugs.
Changes made from version 2.7.0 to 2.8.0:
- Added Gauge Builder, an application to easily create custom gauges.
- Added support for custom gauge fonts.
- Added support for a second accent color in gauges.
- Added animation strip functionality to gauges.
- Added a prompt when trying to exit the application while exporting.
- Fixed UI issues in OS X Yosemite.
Changes made from version 2.6.0 to 2.7.0:
- Added graphs
- Added lap data gauges
- Added undo/redo for edit mode
- Added miscellaneous new gauges and templates
- Added the ability to save individual frames of the video as a picture with gauges and location data
- Video sharing services can now be picked directly from the editing or playback views
- New titles now use your last used title settings
- Fixed a problem where GPS data could fail to display for some clips after they were added to videos
- Fixed GPS sync issues that could occur when using transitions
- Fixed other miscellaneous issues
Changes made from version 2.5.3 to 2.6.0:
- Added clip transitions
- Added ability to share on Facebook
- Added ability to export at different frame rates
- Added export video size estimate
- Added gauges that went missing in the last release
- Fixed title positions changing when exporting or reloading a video
- Fixed an issue where duration and elapsed time would not work properly across clip boundaries
- Fixed Baidu maps potentially not loading in China
- Fixed issues in GPS log alignment
- VIRB Edit can now find gauges in subfolders of the user gauge folder
Changes made from version 2.5.2 to 2.5.3:
Changes made from version 2.4.0 to 2.5.2:
- VIRB Edit is now a 64-bit app.
- Added support for rotating video and g-force readings 180 degrees.
- Added support for text titles.
- Added per-day clip organization.
- Added support for bulk deletion of unused clips ('Delete Unused' in the context menu for Clip Library folders).
- Improved upload performance of exported movies, via both the built in YouTube upload option and standard export.
- Improved feedback for export failures.
- Fixed issue where acceleration data could fail to display in some clips in videos with a shared track.
- Fixed various export errors.
- Fixed various other bugs.
Changes made from version 2.3.0 to 2.4.0:
- Added support for Baidu maps (China).
- Added support for Youku videos (China).
- Added support for Thai, Malaysian and Indonesian.
- Added gauges for distance and elapsed time (counted across clip boundaries).
- Added a tab to pick starting position of track for calculating distance and other stats.
- Changed the default template to something more exciting.
- Added a handful of new templates.
- Added more gauges in different styles.
- Added special gauges for temperature.
- Added a gauge for time with seconds.
- Added dynamic interval marking to left and right tape gauges.
- Added the ability to export GPS Logs directly from the clip library.
- Fixed an issue where VIRB Edit would try to import clips even when there was not enough room.
- Reworked layout of the 'Import Selection' page.
- Updated the YouTube upload framework to improve YouTube performance.
- Added the option for users to save the prepared file if YouTube upload failed after export completed.
- Added better handling of missing clips.
- 'Import Other...' now always copies the clip (and GPS files) when manually importing from VIRB.
- 'Import Other...' now asks the user whether to copy the imported clip file or link to it.
- Fixed bugs that led incorrect playback while editing videos.
- Fixed bugs that led to failed exports.
Changes made from version 2.2.2 to 2.3.0:
- Added customizable video overlays. You can now add, move and delete gauges.
- Added a lot more gauges, temperature is now supported.
- Added ability to save and re-use custom video overlay templates.
- Added ability to easily import tracks from attached Garmin devices.
- Fixed QuickTime-related playback and video editing crashes.
- Fixed some errant behavior for g-force gauges.
- Fixed export for pace gauges.
- Fixed some more export issues.
Changes made from version 2.2.1 to 2.2.2:
- Added support for four Asian languages.
- Improved automatic alignment of tracks to videos.
Changes made from version 2.1.0 to 2.2.1:
- Added overlay gauge templates.
- Added separate preference for altitude units
- Added option for nautical units.
- Added capability to select which clips to import from a camera.
- Added option to show satellite imagery on Bing maps.
- Fixed a number of video export issues in 10.9 (Mavericks)
Changes made from version 2.0.0 to 2.1.0:
- Added capability to add music to videos.
- Added overlays for display of power and G-force.
- Added capability to check for VIRB device software updates.
- Added a play/pause button to the clip edit view.
- Improved multi-resolution video export performance.
- Improved video editing performance.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to reorder clips.
- Fixed issues with synching playback and clip selection.
- Fixed an issue where the playback position was reset when the clip speed was changed.
- Fixed a number of minor user interface issues.