Updates & Downloads
VIRB Edit for Mac software version 2.3.0
as of January 15, 2014
View installation instructions
- VIRB Edit combines your video footage with GPS and other data from either the VIRB Elite Action Camera or a compatible Garmin device. The result is a rich video experience that you can easily share and post online.
- Add gauges to your video to show speed, elevation, heart rate, g-force, and more.
- Trim, reorder and stitch clips together.
- Associate your GPS data with your video.
- Adjust the volume and speed of individual clips.
- Add music to your video.
- Publish directly to YouTube or export to your computer for easy online sharing.
- System Requirements:
Intel based Mac running OS 10.7 or higher.
Changes made from version 2.2.2 to 2.3.0:
- Added customizable video overlays. You can now add, move and delete gauges.
- Added a lot more gauges, temperature is now supported.
- Added ability to save and re-use custom video overlay templates.
- Added ability to easily import tracks from attached Garmin devices.
- Fixed QuickTime-related playback and video editing crashes.
- Fixed some errant behavior for g-force gauges.
- Fixed export for pace gauges.
- Fixed some more export issues.
Changes made from version 2.2.1 to 2.2.2:
- Added support for four Asian languages.
- Improved automatic alignment of tracks to videos.
Changes made from version 2.1.0 to 2.2.1:
- Added overlay gauge templates.
- Added separate preference for altitude units
- Added option for nautical units.
- Added capability to select which clips to import from a camera.
- Added option to show satellite imagery on Bing maps.
- Fixed a number of video export issues in 10.9 (Mavericks)
Changes made from version 2.0.0 to 2.1.0:
- Added capability to add music to videos.
- Added overlays for display of power and G-force.
- Added capability to check for VIRB device software updates.
- Added a play/pause button to the clip edit view.
- Improved multi-resolution video export performance.
- Improved video editing performance.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to reorder clips.
- Fixed issues with synching playback and clip selection.
- Fixed an issue where the playback position was reset when the clip speed was changed.
- Fixed a number of minor user interface issues.