Updates & Downloads
VIRB Edit software version 2.2.3
as of December 9, 2013
View installation instructions
- VIRB Edit combines your video footage with GPS and other data from either the VIRB Elite Action Camera or a compatible Garmin device. The result is a rich video experience that you can easily share and post online.
- Features include:
- Trim, reorder and stitch clips together
- Adjust the volume and speed of individual clips
- Publish directly to YouTube or export to your computer for easy online sharing
- Windows 7 or later is required.
- .NET framework 4.5 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed.
Changes made from version 2.2.2 to 2.2.3:
- Fixed issues where export would not work for some users with certain graphics cards.
- Fixed issues with importing clips on Windows 8.1.
- Fixed issues with text visibility when users use a non-Aero theme.
- Fixed issue when exporting at different playback speeds.
- Fixed issue with quality of exported video (no more vertical lines).
- Fixed issues where the track overlays were not exported correctly.
- Fixed issue where power overlays were not properly exported.
- Fixed issue with automatic software update.
Changes made from version 2.2.0 to 2.2.2:
- Added support for four Asian languages.
- Improved automatic alignment of tracks to videos.
Changes made from version 2.1.1 to 2.2.0:
- Added overlay gauge templates.
- Added capability to select which clips to import from a camera.
- Added separate preference for altitude units.
- Added option for nautical units.
Changes made from version 2.0.0 to 2.1.1:
- Added capability to add music to videos.
- Added overlays for display of power and G-force.
- Added capability to check for VIRB device software updates.
- Improved video export speed and quality.
- Fixed an issue where the track was not properly displayed on the map.
- Fixed an issue with the quality of the exported video (no more blue dots).
- Fixed a number of minor user interface issues.
- Download the Garmin VIRB Edit update file into a directory on your hard drive. (i.e., c:\downloads).
- Change to the directory in which you downloaded the files, (i.e., c:\downloads), and run the executable file (.exe). Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update of your VIRB Edit installation.