Updates & Downloads
VIRB Edit software version 2.6.2
as of August 7, 2014
View installation instructions
- VIRB Edit combines your video footage with GPS and other data from either the VIRB Elite Action Camera or a compatible Garmin device. The result is a rich video experience that you can easily share and post online.
- Features include:
- Trim, reorder and stitch clips together
- Adjust the volume and speed of individual clips
- Publish directly to YouTube or export to your computer for easy online sharing
- Windows 7 or later is required.
- .NET framework 4.5 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed.
- Windows Media Player 11 or greater is required (a free download from Microsoft).
Changes made from version 2.5.1 to 2.6.2:
- Added clip transitions
- Added ability to share on Facebook
- Added ability to export at different frame rates
- Added export video size estimate
- Added dialog to view clip properties
- Added gauges that went missing in the last release
- Fixed title positions changing when exporting or reloading a video
- Fixed an issue where duration and elapsed time would not work properly across clip boundaries
- Fixed Baidu maps potentially not loading in China
- Fixed some memory usage issues during export
- Fixed performance and reliability of video player
Changes made from version 2.5.0 to 2.5.1:
- Added new gauges and templates.
Changes made from version 2.4.0 to 2.5.0:
- Added support for text titles.
- Added DirectX accelerated video exporting to improve overall performance.
- Added ability to resize the bottom workspace area.
- Added support for bulk deletion of unused clips ('Delete Unused' in the context menu for Clip Library folders).
- Added support for rotating video and g-force readings 180 degrees.
- Added per-day clip organization.
- Adjusting track alignment is now more granular.
- Fixed an issue where some information from FIT files was lost when adding a FIT file as a GPS log.
- Fixed forward and back button on Distance/Elapsed time alignment
- Fixed various issues with track data not being synchronized with videos.
- Fixed fast HD videos with overlays.
Changes made from version 2.3.2 to 2.4.0:
- Added support for Baidu maps (China).
- Added support for Youku videos (China).
- Added support for Thai, Malaysian and Indonesian.
- Added a tab to pick starting position of track for calculating distance and other stats.
- Added the ability to export GPS Logs directly from the clip library.
- Added way to turn on extended export logging on About dialog.
- Added the option for users to save the prepared file if YouTube upload failed after export completed.
- Added new gauges and templates, improved existing ones.
- Added several of new templates.
- Added more gauges in different styles.
- Added gauges for distance and elapsed time (counted across clip boundaries).
- Added special gauges for temperature.
- Added a gauge for time with seconds.
- Added dynamic interval marking to left and right tape gauges.
- Changed the default template to something more exciting.
- Improved the layout of the 'Import Selection' page.
- Improved behavior when clips are missing.
- Improved behavior of 'Import Other...':
- We now always copy the clip (and GPS files) when manually importing from VIRB.
- We now give the user a choice whether to copy clip file or not when manually importing from a non-VIRB location.
- Improved Software Update process.
- Improved progress feedback for Import and Export.
- Fixed various playback issues on slower PCs.
- Fixed an issue where VIRB Edit would try to import clips even when there was not enough room.
- Fixed an issue where overlay alignment for time lapse and slow motion videos was not in sync.
- Fixed an issue where overlays were inconsistent between playback and export.
- Fixed more export issues.
- Fixed an issue where VIRB Edit would sometimes crash when hitting 'Import New' while reading thumbnails.
- Fixed an issue where the background on the 'Import Selection' page was white on some Windows 8 systems, making the text impossible to read.
- Fixed an issue with accessing the internet through proxies.
Changes made from version 2.3.1 to 2.3.2:
- Fixed export issues that were caused by using too much memory.
- Fixed export issues that were caused by using the wrong video clips.
- Fixed export issues when the NONE template was selected.
- Fixed issue with temperature gauges (water and air temperature are now used as well).
- Improved quality of exported videos.
- Improved stability of playback.
Changes made from version 2.2.5 to 2.3.1:
- Added customizable gauges. You can now add, move and delete gauges.
- Added a lot more gauges, temperature is now supported.
- Added ability to save and reuse custom gauges.
- Added ability to easily import tracks from attached Garmin mass storage devices.
- Widened range for clip playback speed (from 0.125x to 8x, up from 0.25x to 2x).
- Fixed some errant behavior for g-force gauges.
- Fixed export for pace gauges.
- Fixed some more export issues.
- Fixed an issue where file or track import was not working.
- Fixed an issue where settings changes where not remembered after upgrading VIRB Edit.
Changes made from version 2.2.3 to 2.2.5:
- Fixed more export issues.
- Fixed a start-up issue.
Changes made from version 2.2.2 to 2.2.3:
- Fixed issues where export would not work for some users with certain graphics cards.
- Fixed issues with importing clips on Windows 8.1.
- Fixed issues with text visibility when users use a non-Aero theme.
- Fixed issue when exporting at different playback speeds.
- Fixed issue with quality of exported video (no more vertical lines).
- Fixed issues where the track overlays were not exported correctly.
- Fixed issue where power overlays were not properly exported.
- Fixed issue with automatic software update.
Changes made from version 2.2.0 to 2.2.2:
- Added support for four Asian languages.
- Improved automatic alignment of tracks to videos.
Changes made from version 2.1.1 to 2.2.0:
- Added overlay gauge templates.
- Added capability to select which clips to import from a camera.
- Added separate preference for altitude units.
- Added option for nautical units.
Changes made from version 2.0.0 to 2.1.1:
- Added capability to add music to videos.
- Added overlays for display of power and G-force.
- Added capability to check for VIRB device software updates.
- Improved video export speed and quality.
- Fixed an issue where the track was not properly displayed on the map.
- Fixed an issue with the quality of the exported video (no more blue dots).
- Fixed a number of minor user interface issues.
- Download the Garmin VIRB Edit update file into a directory on your hard drive. (i.e., c:\downloads).
- Change to the directory in which you downloaded the files, (i.e., c:\downloads), and run the executable file (.exe). Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update of your VIRB Edit installation.