Updates & Downloads
Forerunner 620 software version 2.90
as of July 8, 2014
View system requirements
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Fixed an issue where incorrect pace/speed smoothing could be applied during certain activities.
- Changes to support manufacturing.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Added support for run, race, and ride activity profiles to allow customized settings for training runs, races, and bicycle rides.
- Added support for speed/cadence, speed only, and cadence only sensors for cycling activities.
- Added a shortcut menu to change activity profiles via a press and hold on the home screen.
- Added support for configuring a second data field on the lap banner.
- Added support for automatic calibration of the foot pod by GPS.
- Changed alerts during running workouts to be based on lap pace/speed rather than instantaneous pace/speed.
- Fixed an issue where Auto Pause could fail to work correctly when using a custom pace/speed setting.
- Fixed an issue where distance could fail to accumulate during an activity.
- Updated translations.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Fixed issue that could cause watch to stop recording distance.
- Fixed issue that could cause Wi-Fi downloads of predicted satellite data to fail.
- Made other minor improvements to Wi-Fi performance.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Enable operation of WIFI channels 12 and 13 by region.
- Corrected WIFI communication errors on certain networks.
- Corrected issued with GPS failing to update when GPS is disabled.
- Various minor fixes.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.50:
- Added feature to allow the CONNECT key to wake the device and start a Wi-Fi transfer.
- Fixed issue where running dynamics data could drop out during an activity.
- Fixed issue where the reported battery capacity could be inaccurate.
- Improvements to indoor distance and pace calculations.
- Fixed issue related to the recovery adviser feature not displaying properly.
- Improvements to the interaction between foot pod and GPS.
- Fixed issue with resetting totals not working correctly.
- Added feature to inform the user when returning to the target range of a workout step.
- Fixed various issues with smartphone connectivity and the LiveTrack feature.
- Fixed issue with running workouts contained in triathlon/mixed sport schedules not being retained on the device.
- Fixed several other minor issues.
- Updated translations.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Fixed an issue where the watch could still display UTC for time of day after acquiring a GPS fix, regardless of the user's current time zone.
- Disabled Wi-Fi auto upload attempts while the device is charging to prevent a potential issue which could drain the battery.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.