Updates & Downloads
VIRB software version 3.90
as of September 29, 2014
View system requirements
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Added 15, 20, and 25 second photo timer options
- Improvements to better synchronize overlay data with video.
- Fixed issue with basic units that showed the year as 2013.
- Fixed issue with reverting to internal microphone after reboot
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:
- Fixed issue with slow boot-to-record times when using non-English languages.
- Remember A/V cable preferences across power cycles.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.70:
- Added live streaming of viewfinder over Composite Video cable
- Added support for PAL video modes (SETUP > VIDEO > Format > PAL)
- Elite Only: Improved Mode presentation when Wi-Fi is enabled
- Elite Only: Fixed issue with temperature sensor data
- Elite Only: Fixed issue with auto-record when card is full
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Elite Only: Added support for ANT+ power meters.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.10:
- Enables support for smartphone app - available now on the App Store and Google Play Store
- Fixes potential lock up during video playback
- Fixes potential crash when inserting HDMI cable
- Fixes potential lock up when powering off
- Elite Only: Adds support for more ANT cadence sensors
- Elite Only: Fixes bug in accelerometer recordings when set to 'This Side Down'
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.80:
- Improved software reliability
- Improved photo capture performance
- Fixed intermittent issue with entering mass storage
- Elite Only: Improved ANT sensor stability
- Elite Only: Fixed issue with Daylight Savings Time
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.50:
- Note: Your VIRB will update the next time it is powered on. Do not power off while green light is flashing.
- Improves Video Quality
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.