Updates & Downloads
Edge Touring (GCD file) software version 4.20
as of April 20, 2017
View system requirements
- If your device currently has software earlier than v2.60 installed, it will erase the following:
In order to prevent this from occurring please click the following link which will provide steps to back up and restore the user data on your device:
Steps to back up user data from the Edge Touring
- User Settings
- User Totals
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Fixed an issue that could keep Garmin Express map downloads from working.
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Fix the issue that Course Turn Guidance feature not be disabled properly.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 4.00:
- New feature! Added support for Varia Rearview Radar. (Edge Touring Plus Only)
- New feature! Added support for Varia Smart Bike Lights. (Edge Touring Plus Only)
- Added Ferries avoidance for routing.
- Added duplicate waypoint name check.
- Removed addressed/intersections search when no map available.
- Offered addressing information when searching postcodes.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Support new cycle maps.
- Fixed an issue causing missed turn prompts during course navigation.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Added Course Turn Guidance settings.
- Showed an prompt for searching invalid countries.
- Automatically scale map to view a location.
- Set the proper map scale to add a map location for Route Planner.
- Disable the address search and the intersection search while the map is not available.
- Fixed issues that cancel the prompt pages.
- Fixed an issue of the custom POI loading.
- Fixed an issue of searching locations.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Fixed an issue that caused the map information to be incorrect.
- Fixed an issue that caused 'Long Route Calculation' to not be displayed.
- Fixed an issue that caused Address Search to not display results.
- Fixed an issue that caused the intersection road names to be incorrect on the map.
- Fixed an issue that caused an unexpected straight line when editing a location.
- Made improvements to round trip routing.
- Made improvements to eBike.
- Made improvements to the route planner.
- Made improvements to back to start.
- Made improvements to courses.
- Added support to load custom POIs.
- Delay displaying prompt pages until the device has fully power on.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.60:
- Fixed an issue causing some maps to not be recognized by the device.
- Made improvements to increase write speed to an SD card.
- Improved routing performance while on bike specific paths and trails.
- Added the ability to press and hold the back arrow to return to the Home screen from the menus.
- Add a power down prompt when unplugging from a USB charger.
- Made improvements to Round Trip Routing.
- Made improvements to the Route Planner.
- Made improvements to Back to Start.
- Improved map zooming.
- Fixed an issue causing messages to not be displayed correctly.
- Made improvements to the elevation profile.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.