Updates & Downloads
Oregon 6x0 (WebUpdater) software version 4.80
as of December 18, 2015
View system requirements
Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.80:
- Improved address search.
- Fixed issue importing adventures from SD cards.
Changes made from version 4.40 to 4.60:
- Improved 'Save Portion' track feature. When saving a portion, the device now remembers that position in the track log so it can be used as a track segment for future portion saving.
- Fixed possible erroneous track point on power on.
- Fixed output of SNR in $GPGSV NMEA sentence.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
- Fixed several track distance statistic issues
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Fixed possible issue where the internal battery pack would not charge
- Fixed possible graphical issue in landscape orientation while using nuvi mode
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Improved cartography support (Garmin Hunt View maps)
- Improved boot time when a large amount of BirdsEye satellite imagery is present
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.10:
- Fixed issue with barometer when auto calibration is turned off.
- Fixed Cyrillic cardinal direction characters in waypoint position editing.
- Fixed missing ascent, descent, and elevation statistics when reviewing certain tracks.
- Fixed issue with geocaching 'Next Stage' feature.
- Fixed possible shutdown when using custom waypoint symbols.
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Improved average ascent and average descent data fields
- Improved vertical speed and grade data fields
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.80:
- Added a separate zoom level setting for geocaches (Setup > Map > Advanced Map Setup > Zoom Levels > Geocaches)
- Added support for additional ActiveRouting cartography
- Improved GLONASS performance
- Improved display of marine-specific lines in BlueChart g2 maps
- Improved boot time when large amounts of photos are present
- Fixed map display of highway shields
- Fixed issue with incorrect letter capitalization of certain map points
- Fixed issue retrieving PLSS data in certain TOPO US 24k maps
- Fixed possible issue with +/- buttons when using Sight N' Go
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Fixed calories not being displayed when using a heart rate monitor.
- Fixed erroneous temperature values below 0 degrees C when using a tempe wireless temperature sensor.
- Fixed proximity warning alert text being unreadable in some situations.
- Fixed possible shutdown when using the Favorites dashboard.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.50:
- Fixed issue with wirelessly transferring geocaches stored in .ggz files.
- Fixed issues with entering coordinates in languages other than English.
Fixed elevation plot display problems.
Fixed potential shutdown when setting up the Page Loop feature.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.30:
- Improved GPS performance
- Improved battery save mode: The first press of the user key or the power key to turn the screen on will no longer execute that key's customized function
- Improved pairing behavior with cadence sensors
- Fixed Latvian keyboard
- Fixed issue with geocache ratings when using the 'Next Stage' feature for multicaches
- Fixed display of certain map names when viewing the list of maps loaded on the device
- Fixed inconsistent exponent formats in the Calculator application
- Fixed possible shutdown when viewing the Elevation Plot in landscape orientation
- Fixed possible shutdown when selecting a route in the Route Planner application
- Fixed possible shutdown when exiting the Photo Viewer application
- Fixed possible shutdown when using the Geocaching dashboard in the Compass application
- Fixed possible shutdown when using certain dashboards on the Main Menu
- Fixed possible shutdown when sorting tracks alphabetically in the Track Manager application
- Fixed possible shutdown when selecting a track from the Calendar application
- Fixed possible issue with overwriting waypoints received by the Share Wirelessly application
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.10:
- Added support for VIRB Remote. Setup > Main Menu to add. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2013/08/VIRB-remote.html) for more information.
- Improved 3-axis compass performance
- Improved guidance text on the map when using certain maps
- Fixed an issue with the geocaching quick filter in languages other than English
- Fixed a possibility of certain geocaches not appearing on the map immediately after turning on the device
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Fixed issue with route calculations always avoiding seasonally closed roads
- Fixed USB compatibility issue
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Added Icelandic keyboard
- Added support for additional ActiveRouting cartography
- Fixed missing menu button in the geocaching application when landscape controls are set to display on the right side of the screen
- Fixed geocaches with a size of 'Not Chosen' not properly displaying on the map
- Fixed minor graphical issue with certain geocaches when being displayed in a list
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Added support for new ActiveRouting cartography
- Improved support for Garmin LakeVu HD cartography
- Improved photo quality (650/650t models)
- Fixed potential shutdown when viewing Calendar application
- Fixed issue with waypoint distances in Waypoint Averaging application
- Fixed issue with waypoint deletion when results are filtered
- Fixed issue with reimporting new GPX/GGZ files
- Fixed issue with unknown geocache containers being marked as Large
- Fixed issue with scroll arrows on current track info page
- Fixed intermittent issue with vehicle appearing off center in 3D View application
- Fixed uppercase Czech keyboard in landscape orientation
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.60:
- Improved map manipulation: Better zooming, rotating and panning
- Improved Track Manager: Adds Track Sorting, Searching and Track Information
- Improved Track Settings: Allows for prompted data reset and trip recording control
- Improved Geocaching Filters: Applies filtering to the map and dashboards
- Improved Favorites dashboard: Adds editing capability directly into dashboard
- Improved Page Loop functionality: Allows for faster paging
- General visual and stability improvements
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.