Updates & Downloads
fenix/D2/tactix software version 4.01 Beta
as of December 4, 2013
View installation instructions and system requirements
- Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.01:
- Added ability to determine speed, distance, cadence and steps in Indoor mode (when no Foot Pod is present). Enable in Setup > System > GPS Mode > Indoor. Auto calibration occurs in Normal GPS Mode when FIT Activity is set to Running
- Added a 'Ski-Snowboard' profile. Select this profile to enable a new alpine/downhill ski and snowboard experience
- Added support for Smart Notifications. Note: the Apple Notification Center Service (ANCS) feature requires an Apple iPhone equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology and iOS 7 or later. Enable in Setup > Bluetooth
- Added support for Interval Workouts. Enable in Setup > Menu > Add Page > Workouts
- Added support for Workouts loaded from Garmin Connect (garminconnect.com)
- Issues with this beta software may be reported to email@example.com
- Connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN USB cable.
- Click the download link above.
- Choose either Run or Save.
- If you have chosen Run, follow the download clients prompts.
- If you have chosen Save, locate the saved file and click it to launch.
- Next, follow the download clients prompts.
- Once the beta update is complete, insure fresh, fully charged batteries are in your GPS. Any disruptions during the update process may render your GPS inoperable.
- Once the download client has completed, unplug your GPS from the computer and power it on.
- The update process will now begin. When complete, the device will reset automatically.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.