Updates & Downloads
Garmin Swim software version 3.60
as of May 15, 2013
View system requirements
- Please be sure to upload your swim activities to Garmin Connect. This update will erase all sessions on your device and they cannot be recovered.
- The update process has two parts that are completed automatically. When both parts are complete, the watch will display 'Updating' and then the first page of the start-up wizard, 'Language'.
- If the battery icon (top right) is illuminated, please replace the coin cell battery before performing the software upgrade to avoid damaging the watch.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.60:
- Warning: Before performing a software update, please ensure your version of Garmin Express is up to date (18.104.22.168 or later for Mac, 22.214.171.124 or later for PC).
- Significant improvements made to stroke type identification accuracy across all paces
- Fixed issues with zero-second active and rest lengths
- Improved transition from rest to active swimming
- Added the display of session distance to the drill page
- Fixed session distance update in custom training page
- Added option to disable stroke type identification so stroke type is not shown on the watch or on Garmin Connect
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.40:
- Significant improvements made to length count accuracy across all paces.
- Session distance now displayed in distance tracker at the bottom of the screen while swimming.
- Added optional 'Countdown Start' feature for more precise start timing.
- Fixed issue with distance jumping by two or more lengths when ending a session.
- Added support for pool sizes of 33-1/3 m and 33-1/3 yd.
- Added support for pool sizes up to 150m and 150yd.
- The messages displayed during a firmware update are now more descriptive during the two stages of the update.
- Updated Czech translation for strokes per minute.
- Fixed session pace rollover bug for swims longer than 4200m.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.20:
- Allows user to set custom pool size down to 17 meters or 18 yards
- Improved drill logging (after logging a drill, the watch returns to training page 4, ready to log another drill)
- Improved viewing of custom training page 5 following pauses and re-starts
- Allows user to set seconds in (Clock > Time 1 and 2) through main menu
- Improved switching between time zones (T1 & T2)
- Added abbreviated translations for units of measure, like 'LEN' and 'STRK'
- Phase 1 of improved stroke type identification for breaststroke and backstroke
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system.