Updates & Downloads
cf Que 1620 software version 2.90
as of May 10, 2006
View installation instructions and system requirements
- An initial installation of the Garmin Que software for the Garmin cf Que 1620 must be completed before installing this update.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Update to allow map downloads to phone devices with Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system.
- Correct automatic naming of waypoints to allow more than 99 auto-named waypoints with the same name.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Correct application issues with Windows Mobile 5.0 devices.
- Update search for Bluetooth ports to work with newer devices.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Add translucent data background for data fields above the map. Please note: To adjust this setting, tap and hold on any of the data fields above the map.
- Add ability to dial the phone number of a business (POI) for Pocket PC devices that are phone enabled.
- Change vertical speed data to display in feet per minute instead of miles per hour.
- Fix lockup problem when displaying some Unicode characters for Chinese or Japanese regional settings.
- Fix rare problems in guidance text display above the Map page.
- Fix route simulation problem that prevented the route from being followed properly.
- Fix cf Que communication problem when upgrading from version 2.40 that would occur if the \Garmin\Garmin.nvm file were lost.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.60:
- Correct an error that occurred when all 'avoids' were deleted and then a new 'avoid area' was created.
- For 'Find Address' and 'Intersection' searches, always default the state selection to the current state if the user has a fix. (Previously, this would fail if the current position was not on a street.)
- Prevent the wait cursor from displaying in front of the 'Can't Unlock Maps' message box.
- Prevent an error when the map zoom button is expanded on devices with high resolution.
- Correct the copy-to-clipboard command on the position field on the GPS Info page.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Allow map orientation mode to be changed to North Up at all zoom levels.
- Correct an error that could allow the wait cursor to cycle indefinitely on the Tracks page.
- Add text highlighting to Find Near searches.
- Correct some pages that were displaying incorrectly on devices with Windows Mobile 2003 SE (landscape orientation and VGA display support).
- Add localization support for French, Italian, German, and Spanish languages.
- Move the 'Reset' trip option to the command bar from the menu.
- Ensure that the main command bar is never displayed on top of the Map and System Setup tabs.
- 'Find results' will now include 'Facilities' and 'Fishing Sites' categories if the map data supports those features.
- Fix an error that caused some Marine POI finds to return results in multiple categories in addition to the selected category.
- Place your Pocket PC in the cradle. Ensure ActiveSync is running and connected.
- Start installing the update to your cf Que by selecting the 'Download' link found on this web page.
- Next choose to 'Open' or 'Run' the update file. This step will launch the install program.
- Follow directions given by installer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.