Updates & Downloads
Edge 810 software version 5.10
as of April 13, 2016
View system requirements
- WebUpdater users: If you currently have 2.20 software, do not check for additional updates after installing the new version of software. Installing additional updates will install the incorrect text translations files onto the device. Disconnect device from the computer and allow the new software to be installed before running WebUpdater again to check for and install the correct text translation files listed under additional updates.
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.10:
- New feature! Added Varia Smart Bike Lights support.
- Fixed an issue causing the Auto Pause feature to not pause when GPS is disabled.
Changes made from version 4.40 to 5.00:
- New Feature! Added support for Varia Rearview Radar.
- Fixed an issue causing device shutdowns when navigating using certain maps.
- Fixed an issue where custom speed was set incorrectly in workouts.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
- Fixed an issue causing the Auto Pause feature to incorrectly pause the timer when only using GPS as a speed source.
- Improved segment tracking performance to reduce the occurrence of incorrect off segment detection.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Updated in-ride segment complete banner.
- Added arrow buttons to the segment map to allow in-ride leader changes.
- Fixed several general UI related issues.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 4.20:
- Added Strava segment support!
To start receiving Strava Live Segments: link your Garmin Connect account to your Strava Premium account, upload an activity to Garmin Connect so it sees you have the latest firmware, and sync with Garmin Connect through Garmin Express or Garmin Connect Mobile!
- Increased maximum number of segments to 100.
- Fixed an issue causing disabled segments to be enabled after updated leaderboard information from Garmin Connect.
- Fixed an issue where the auto pause feature was not correctly pausing the timer when the user stops moving.
- Fixed an issue where turn prompts where not always being displayed for valid turns on course routes.
- Fixed several general UI related issues.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.60:
- Improved connection stability with Garmin Connect Mobile and fixed sync issues.
- Made several improvements to course routing and general course experience.
- Implemented improvements for torque effectiveness, pedal smoothness, and cycling dynamics data. This includes a fix for displaying torque effectiveness and pedal smoothness data in summary pages for left side only power meters.
- Fixed several issues with data fields displaying incorrect data.
- Fixed an issue where the backlight time out was not being observed when the Edge is plugged into external power.
- Fixed several issues with Where To? search functionality.
- Added battery percentage to the Shimano Di2 sensor about page.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.40:
- New feature! Added Segment support.
- To use segments, go to connect.garmin.com to find or create segments. Then, connect the device to your computer via USB cable and send the segments to your device. Once your segments have been downloaded to the device, disconnect from your computer. Then press the folder icon > Segments to access the list of segments on your device. After sending segments to your device, simply go ride through them to see the on-device experience!
- New feature! Added Edge Remote sensor support.
- New feature! Added Shimano Di2 sensor support with Dura Ace remote controls.
- New Feature! Added Vector Cycling Dynamics support that adds data fields and data recording for Power Phase (PP) and Platform Center Offset (PCO).
- Improvements to the elevation profile to fit the data to the graph and display upcoming elevation while riding a course or segment.
- Added a stop button on the map page. This button is used to stop a currently running course or segment and is only displayed if one of those features is in use.
- Added turn guidance and off course warnings settings for courses. These can be accessed through the menu button in the bottom right corner of the course list page. (Folder icon > Courses > Menu Button)
- Fixed uploads over Garmin Connect Mobile. Phone pairing information has been reset and will need to be setup again.
- Made several improvements to elevation profile zooming and scrolling.
- Fixed a shutdown when using 'Back to Start.'
- Added options menus to the Course, Segment, and Workout lists.
- Added file searching for Courses, Segments, and Workouts.
- Added Time Ahead/Behind and Distance Ahead/Behind as configurable data fields on all timer loop pages.
- Added the ability to edit segment map data fields.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.20:
- Fixed an issue causing activities to not always be saved if the device is powered down immediately after saving a ride.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
- Changes for manufacturing.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Restored elevation zoom scale behavior to how it was in 2.70.
- Fixed an issue causing ANT+ sensors to become disabled when searching for a new sensor.
- Made improvement to how position is matched to the map while navigating.
- Removed (-) sign from the descent field field in ride history.
- Added recording of settings to activity files.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- New Feature! Added VIRB Remote support.
- Added the ability to turn SRM power sensor auto zeroing on and off.
- Improved SD card transfer speed.
- Fixed a shutdown when creating bike profiles with language set to Portuguese.
- Fixed an issue causing address searches to not work with language set to French.
- Fixed an issue with Smart Recording.
- Made improvements to Virtual Partner UI.
- Fixed an issue with Battery % data field.
- Made improvements to turn review UI when following a course.
- Fixed an issue causing Auto Lap banners to not be shown.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Added Vector power sensor support.
- Improved power sensor setup and calibration.
- Improved map and elevation profile drawing speed.
- Improved course calculation and navigation.
- Improved turn review prompts when routing without maps.
- Fixed issue causing incorrect battery percentage to be displayed.
- Added support for Torque Effectiveness and Pedal Smoothness power data metrics.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Made improvements to protect against ANT+ sensor dropouts.
- Improved course navigation without routable maps.
- Improved Back to Start.
- Made improvements to power data recording for sensors that only use generic ANT+ power profile messaging.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Fixed issue causing the device to not reconnect to ANT sensors after losing connection.
- Fixed issue causing device shutdowns after updating software.
- Fixed issues with editing speed zones.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Improved power data recording.
- Added support for TCX courses.
- Added support for heart rate graph data field.
- Added Training Plans support.
- Improved elevation recording.
- Improved elevation page visibility.
- Fixed 30 second vertical speed average data field.
- Fixed issue with phone connections.
- Improved compass page.
- Updated power zone defaults and added functionality to reset to default values.
- Restricted a software update from taking place if the battery is below 10% capacity.
- Added press and hold shortcuts to bike and activity profiles from the home screen.
- Added weather icon to Connections page.
- Updated translations.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Added activity based routing capabilities.
- Added 'minimize ascent' routing calculation method.
- Fixed issues uploading rides through Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Fixed connection issues with Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Fixed issues with display of weather data and alerts.
- Improved display of current ride on map.
- Fixed issues with course points and course lists.
- Fixed shutdowns related to navigation.
- Ensure auto power down prompt is shown prior to powering off.
- Fixed shutdown when viewing About page with European City Navigator maps.
- Fixed occasional lockup during startup on 'Loading Profiles'.
- Fixed issues changing GPS modes.
- Added prompt to inform user of elevation calibration to user location.
- Fixed an issue with Locations not being saved.
- Corrected shutdown when entering battery charge mode.
- Made improvements to lap summary training page.
- Fixed issue loading multiple tracks at one time from Basecamp.
- Updated translations.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.