Updates & Downloads
Alpha 100 software version 6.00
as of November 2, 2016
View system requirements
- Important Notes for HD BarkDetect:
This is available in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark and is an Alpha 100-only feature (operation with the Astro320 is not affected).
- HD BarkDetect requires an update to the T5/TT15 Dog Device (see
T5 TT15 Updates and Downloads).
- To enable HD BarkDetect on the Alpha, go to Setup->Dogs->Bark Detection.
- To enable HD BarkDetect on the T5/TT15, go to that Dog Device's Info page and select 'Bark Sensitivity' from the menu. Select a sensitivity to send to the Dog Device. The Dog Device will start transmitting HD Bark Detection information.
- NOTE: Once a T5 or TT15 Dog Device is in HD Bark Detection mode, it can only be tracked in Alpha mode by Alpha 100's with software version 5.40 or greater.
- Astro320 tracking is not affected by HD BarkDetect selection.
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 5.90 to 6.00:
- Improved notification when a dog unit has lost-GPS.
Changes made from version 5.60 to 5.90:
- Added broadcast of dog data (Setup > Dogs > Broadcast Dog Data > On) to support dog position tracking by DriveTrack 70 and fēnix 3.
Changes made from version 5.40 to 5.60:
- Improved the display of the blue pin on the map page.
- Made contact messages persistent.
- Added an alert tone when emergency messages are received from a contact (system tones must be enabled).
- Improved interference detection.
Changes made from version 5.30 to 5.40:
- Fixed issues when adding 20 dogs or contacts.
- Added HD BarkDetect for units for Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark (see notes above).
Changes made from version 5.10 to 5.30:
- Fixed issue with radio function in Belgian units.
Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.10:
- Improved tracking of a collar that is shared between 2 dogs.
- Don't show Collar Sleep Mode option for a T5 mini or TT15 mini that is manually added as a track-only collar.
- Fixed +/- buttons on the compass page.
Changes made from version 4.70 to 5.00:
- Added support for T5 mini and TT15 mini.
- Improved pairing reliability.
- Improved dog info page menu options ordering.
- Improved display of running pointers on the dog tracker page.
- Improved consistency of comm bar display on the dog info page.
- Fixed potential issue where Emergency Call button was covered up on the contacts page.
- Fixed potential freeze during Start New Hunt.
- Fixed potential shutdown when using the data fields dashboard on the map.
Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.70:
- Fixed issue when adjustment screen is displayed multiple times.
- Improved handling of invalid .JNX files.
Changes made from version 4.40 to 4.50:
- Improved pairing to ANT sensors.
- Fixed potential issue when setting a geofence alert.
- Improved compass page's transition between magnetic compass and direction-of-travel for heading.
- Made time-based track interval setting accept intervals less than 30 seconds.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
- Added a new dog device tracking channel for Greece units. NOTE: the T 5 or TT 15 dog device must have version 2.50 or later software installed to use this new channel.
- Fixed issues when deleting waypoints.
- Fixed issues when using all 20 available tracking windows for dog devices and Alpha tracking.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Fixed occasional shutdown when using the map page.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Improved cartography support (Garmin Hunt View maps)
- Improved boot time when a large amount of BirdsEye satellite imagery is present
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Fixed possible issue with 4.00 release
Changes made from version 3.80 to 4.00:
- Fixed possible issue with List Sync on dog tracker page
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:
- Assigns correct features for wirelessly shared dog devices.
- Improved reliability of received dog device position and status.
- Fixed adjustability of L/M/H stim mode slider.
- Improved reliability when changing ID of a dog device.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.70:
- Added support for T 5 and TT 15 dog devices.
- Added Emergency Calling feature between Alphas
- Added the ability to control a VIRB through a T5 or TT15 within tracking distance. The VIRB must be near the T5 or TT15 and have Remote turned on and set to 'Main VIRB' in its settings (Main Menu > Setup > Remote). To use the feature on Alpha 100, go to Dog List > select a dog > Show Info > Menu > VIRB Control.
- Fixed potential issues with stale tracking data if dog device is out of tracking range.
- Fixed dog arrow orientation when map is in track up mode.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Disabled dog tracking when used in countries for which the radio frequencies are not authorized.
- Fixed distance issue in dog track review.
- Improvements to map drawing speed.
- Fixed issue retrieving Public Land Survey System data from certain TOPO US 24K maps.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Fixed potential shutdown with large number of dogs on dog tracker page.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
- Added support for VIRB Remote. Setup > Main Menu to add. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2013/08/VIRB-remote.html) for more information.
- Added indicator on the map when a dog or contact has lost communication
- Improved to show other dogs when reviewing a dog's track on the map
- Fixed issue where setting a track to show on the map would not hold through a power cycle
- Fixed issue where pausing all tracking would not prevent track points from being logged
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Improve charging of a fully-depleted battery.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Prevent transmitting when no battery is installed.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.70:
- Improve ability to drive accessory antennas.
- Improvements to position reporting.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Added 'List Sync' option on the dog compass page. For multiple dog situations, this mode matches visible training dogs to visible tracking dogs.
- Added 'Measure Distance' option on the map page.
- Added support for new tempe sensor. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2012/08/tempe-sensor.html) for more information.
- Improved support for tracking greater than 15 dogs.
- Fixed issue when setting up a user grid position format.
- Fixed issue when navigating to a dog when routing is set to 'Prompted'.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Improved Compass autocalibration.
- Fixed mark covey to correctly display numbers greater than nine.
- Fixed potential shutdown when attempting to add a new geofence.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.