Updates & Downloads
DNX 9X80 software version 2.20
as of February 27, 2012
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Fix stability issue when reading from GPS non-vol file.
- Fix generation of device.xml file for downloadable map updates.
- Fix slow POI searches in Indonesia.
- Add support for unlock code backup mechanism.
- Add Russian map road suffixes.
- Add support to prompt user to recalculate route if saved route doesn't match maps on the unit.
- Fix layout of spell button on city search page.
- Fix 'approaching' and 'arriving' messages to include destination name.
- Fix stability issue when both maps on internal flash and external SD card are disabled.
- Fix stability issue when maps and ASR files are mismatched.
- Fix issue where postal code button will display even when maps do not support it.
- Fix stability issue when changing to American English with EU2010.20 Maps
- Create a 'garmin' folder on an SD data card (must be at least 30mb space available on the card).
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file onto your hard drive.
- Run the downloaded executable file.
- Click on Browse and select the SD card reader in the list, then select the 'garmin' folder.
- Click Unzip to save the files onto the 'garmin' directory on the SD card.
- Wait for the message that the update was unzipped successfully and close the updater.
- Safely remove SD card from PC.
- Insert SD card into Kenwood Navigation System. If there is already a card there, temporarily remove it.
- The update will begin. Do not power off unit while the update is in progress. When finished you can verify the update by checking the version number in Settings->System->About.
- Remove SD card.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available SD card reader.