Updates & Downloads
Vector software version 4.00
as of June 22, 2016
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Properly enable the status LED to prevent the unit from appearing non-functional when an incomplete mechanical connection between the pod and spindle occurs.
Changes made from version 3.81 to 3.90:
- Correct accelerometer start-up error that was preventing meaningful data from being captured and reported
- Fixed a condition where Vector could cause a display to divide by zero when receiving torque data
- Install angle can be set in a pedal to pedal disconnected state.
- Improved battery monitoring to make it less susceptible to sampling noise
- Improved handling of parameter conflict between multiple displays
- Prevent users from setting scale factor outside of the 0.75 to 1.25 range
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.81:
- Corrected two radio issues that were causing persistent loss of data reception either from the left side or from the entire system.
- Improved pedal to pedal sync time.
- Reduced opportunities for spontaneous un-pairing of pedals.
- Corrected a math error that was causing periodic balance spikes.
- Transmit time-averaged torque while coasting.
Changes made from version 2.71 to 3.50:
- Added rider position determination (Seated/Standing) cycling dynamic when connected to a compatible Garmin display [dual sensing Vector 1 and 2 systems only].
- Made static offset calibration time constant; it will always take 5 seconds if successful.
- Enabled pairing and unpairing of Vector S and 2S pedals from a compatible Garmin display.
- Improved speed of connecting to pedals for firmware upgrade from a compatible Garmin display.
- Improved initiation of cycling dynamics from a compatible Garmin display [dual sensing Vector 1 and 2 systems only].
- Allow TE/PS to be enabled or disabled on compatible Garmin display devices [dual sensing Vector 1 and 2 systems only].
- Fixed issue where the install angles were not properly being reset when unplugging the spindle or when commanded by a compatible Garmin display.
- Various fixes to address issues related to calibration errors, left pedal drop outs and poor TE/PS data.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.71:
- Fixed messaging issue that would prevent a partially failed upgrade from being successfully retried.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Add calculation and output of Cycling Dyanmics, Power Phase.
- Add calculation and output of Cycling Dynamics, Peak Power Phase.
- Add calculation and output of Cycling Dynamics, Platform Centre Offset (PCO).
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.60:
- Removed dynamic calibration functionality. Testing of previous improvements to the static calibration routine have revealed that this feature is no longer needed.
- Improved display channel start times. A timing bug was causing the display channel to only start 30s after wakeup.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.40:
- Enabled generation and reporting of torque effectiveness (TE) and pedal smoothness (PS) data to a connected display that supports reporting this data, such as the Edge 510/810. Requires latest Edge software update.
- Log an error if a crank length has been set more than 10mm different from the internally generated estimate (error 100 on Sensor Details/About page of Edge 510/810 devices). Requires latest Edge software update.
- Log an error if an install angle has changed more than 5 degrees from the stored value (error 200 on Sensor Details/About page of Edge 510/810 devices). Requires latest Edge software update.
- Fixed an overflow condition that was causing power and balance spikes.
- Fixed a timing issue that was causing an intermittent calibration error to be reported (2/512/514).
- Shortened the duration of the static calibration process from 10 to 6 seconds in most cases.
- Added a mechanism that prevents multiple head units from continually resetting the crank length which was preventing power data from being reported.
- Only report left sensor missing if the left side of the system is not found on wakeup or if the left pedal becomes disconnected from the pedal pod during a ride.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Fixed a condition where Vector may not report power or cadence for up to four minutes after performing a static calibration.