Updates & Downloads
StreetPilot 2660 software version 4.80
as of October 20, 2006
View installation instructions and system requirements
- Reverting to previous software revisions will clear all user data.
Changes made from version 4.70 to 4.80:
- Corrected a problem that could skip via points and go straight to the destination when using City Navigator North America v8.0.
- Corrected a problem that could cause a shutdown when doing a POI find-by-name with City Navigator North America v8.0.
- Corrected a problem with the odometer field on the main map that caused the mileage number to blank when over 9,999 miles or kilometers.
- Corrected a problem that prevented the search results page from updating while moving.
Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.70:
- Corrected '11' and '1' in the French and French Canadian voices.
- Allow trip log distance to wrap back to zero when it overflows.
- Improved consistency between trip log and odometer distances.
Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.60:
- Improved WAAS search and selection process to be smarter in its handling of multiple SBAS service providers, overlapping service volumes, and exceptional conditions.
- Corrected a problem that could cause the Mileage Log distance to become corrupted, resulting in a distance that is displayed as all underscores.
Changes made from version 4.40 to 4.50:
- Corrected loss of route after Route Recalculation when the 'Ask My Preference' routing option is set to 'No'.
- Corrected loss of mileage data between power cycles.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
- Improved route transfers from MapSource with multiple via points.
- Added ability to disable remote control input: From any page, press the 'Menu' key, then select 'Options'. Select the 'General' tab, then press the 'Menu' key. Select 'Disable Remote'.
- Added support for Portuguese and Canadian French audio languages.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Changing a saved route's name no longer causes a possible reboot.
- Find Exit feature now shows the complete list of services for a given exit.
- Removed extra text that was shown in some rare situations after the end of textual turn instructions.
- 'None Found' is no longer returned when searching for an intersection of two identically named streets.
- Corrected Italian translation of 'Public Sport Airport'.
- Odometer value no longer displays an incorrect value when configured to small narrow tabs if the odometer value exceeds 999.
- The small address overlay tab now wraps to two lines.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.20:
- Improved synchronization of spoken and displayed turn distance.
- Corrected shutdown problem that occurred when saved route names contained the ß (ss) character.
- The 'Allow U-Turns' setting sometimes resulted in unnecessary u-turns.
- Improved Dutch translation of the word 'Minor'.
- Seasonally closed roads are now used if the road is open during the date that the route is created. Previously, all seasonal roads were avoided.
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Corrected routing within the central London toll area when using European City Navigator v6 cartography.
- Added additional support for updates to pre-loaded maps.
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:
- Problems Corrected:
- Address searches which were limited to a city could fail if the map consisted of exactly 32 cities.
- The minutes symbol (') was sometimes omitted on latitude / longitude displays.
- In some rare conditions, an extra route section was shown on the Turn Review page.
- Slightly increased maximum backlight brightness.
- Corrected compatibility issue with Kingston compact flash cards.
- Features Added:
- Added support for updates to pre-loaded maps.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #6 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Power your GPS using the power adapter that came with your device. Next, connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open USB port. Turn the GPS on.
- If your GPS supports configuration of the USB format, verify that the USB Format is set to GARMIN (refer to your owner's manual for instructions).
- If a program called gStart launches during this update, please ignore it. gStart is not required to complete this update process.
- If your computer asks for a driver, you need to install the Garmin USB driver. Please see the software and installation instructions that came with your device, or download and install the USB driver from Garmin's website.
- Click on 'Download' at the top of this web page, and choose to run the file on your computer. Select Run.
- Select OK, then select Setup.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.