Updates & Downloads
eTrex 20/30 software version 2.87 Beta
as of October 9, 2012
View installation instructions and system requirements
- Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.87:
- Added Adventure support with latest version of BaseCamp. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2012/08/garmin-adventures.html) for more information.
- Added support for new tempe sensor on eTrex 30 devices. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2012/08/tempe-sensor.html) for more information.
- Improved accuracy of compass calibration on eTrex 30 devices. A new manual compass calibration is required (Setup > Heading > Calibrate Compass).
- Improved map drawing at low zoom levels.
- Improved load times for geocache descriptions.
- Fixed issue with preserving routes imported from BaseCamp (identical maps required).
- Fixed issue with picture rotation when using the photo viewer on eTrex 30 devices.
- Fixed possible error message when disconnecting the device from a computer.
- Issues with this beta software may be reported to eTrexBeta@garmin.com
- Connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN USB cable
- Click the download link above
- Choose either Run or Save
- If you have chosen Run, follow the download clients prompts
- If you have chosen Save, locate the saved file and click it to launch
- Next, follow the download clients prompts
- Once the beta update is complete, insure fresh, fully charged batteries are in your GPS. Any disruptions during the update process may render your GPS inoperable.
- Once the download client has completed, unplug your GPS from the computer and power on
- The update process will now begin. When complete, the device will reset automatically.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.