Updates & Downloads
eTrex 20/30 (Webupdater) software version 4.50
as of September 8, 2016
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.50:
- Improved detection of USB connection to a PC.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Improved 'Save Portion' track feature. When saving a portion, the device now remembers that position in the track log so it can be used as a track segment for future portion saving.
- Fixed possible erroneous track point on power on.
- Fixed formatting issue with certain map names in the map information list.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Fixed several track distance statistic issues
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Fixed possible issue where BirdsEye satellite imagery would be permanently disabled after booting
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Improved cartography support (Garmin Hunt View maps)
- Improved boot time when a large amount of BirdsEye satellite imagery is present
- Improved pairing behavior with cadence sensors (eTrex 30 devices)
- Fixed possible issue with waypoint ordering when sorting method is set to 'Nearest'
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Fixed issue with power off pressure trending (eTrex 30 devices).
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:
- Fixed issue with barometer when auto calibration is turned off.
- Fixed missing ascent, descent, and elevation statistics when reviewing certain tracks.
- Fixed possible shutdown when displaying the option menu in Czech.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:
- Improved total ascent and total descent calculations
- Improved average ascent, average descent, and vertical speed data fields
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.60:
- Fixed issue retrieving PLSS data in certain TOPO US 24k maps
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.40:
- Added confirmation of initial language selection
- Fixed issue with saving the 'lock on road' setting across a power cycle
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Added support for VIRB Remote (eTrex 30). Main Menu > MENU Key > Change Item Order to add. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2013/08/VIRB-remote.html) for more information.
- Fixed issue with route calculations always avoiding seasonally closed roads
- Fixed possible issue when missing a turn while using the Active Route application
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Fixed issue with incorrect letter capitalization of certain map points
- Fixed issue where wirelessly transmitting a geocache to another device would result in an error message when trying to view the received geocache in BaseCamp
- Fixed potential issue with city searching
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
- Fixed several issues with sorting photos in the photo viewer application.
- Fixed issue with prompted routing.
- Fixed issue with saving a track's 'show on map' status across a power cycle.
- Fixed issue with displaying tracks on the map after performing an area calculation.
- Fixed issue with BirdsEye imagery's status not being saved to each profile.
- Fixed issue with tempe sensor's status not being saved to each profile (eTrex 30 devices).
- Fixed potential shutdown when viewing certain tracks or routes in German or Russian.
- Fixed possible issue with reviewing a track's information.
- Fixed possible issue with searching for an address in cities with extremely long names.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Added Adventure support with latest version of BaseCamp. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2012/08/garmin-adventures.html) for more information.
- Added support for new tempe sensor on eTrex 30 devices. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2012/08/tempe-sensor.html) for more information.
- Improved accuracy of compass calibration on eTrex 30 devices. A new manual compass calibration is required (Setup > Heading > Calibrate Compass).
- Improved map drawing at low zoom levels.
- Improved load times for geocache descriptions.
- Improved Ascent and Descent calculations.
- Fixed issue with preserving routes imported from BaseCamp (identical maps required).
- Fixed issue with picture rotation when using the photo viewer on eTrex 30 devices.
Fixed possible error message when disconnecting the device from a computer.
- Fixed possible issue with viewing geocache descriptions in night mode.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Added ability to sort waypoints alphabetically
- Improved GPS response at low speeds
- Improved ability to clear unit settings on power up: now only requires menu key and enter key to be held when powering the unit on
- Improved size of roads drawn on map in 'automotive mode' orientation
- Improved elevation data stored in track logs (etrex 30)
- Fixed issue that was causing some devices to display a 'memory full' message followed by bad device behavior
- Fixed issue with distance to destination data field
- Fixed occasional overlapping of data fields in the elevation application
- Fixed issue where waypoints and geocaches could be lost
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Improved GPS response at low speeds
- Fixed issue that could occur when restoring map zoom level defaults
- Fixed issue with track distance data field in stopwatch application
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Added Geocaching with Photos (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2012/01/geocaching-with-photos.html)
- Fixed potential naming issues with imported routes from BaseCamp
- Fixed issue with reviewing BlueChart® g2 depth points from the map page
- Fixed issue with magnetic north offset when projecting a waypoint
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Fixed issue where project waypoint feature would only work once per power cycle.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Improvements to the geocaching experience. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2011/09/improved-geocaching.html) for more information.
- Improved behavior on startup when importing large numbers of waypoints, tracks, routes, or geocaches
- Fixed issue where the progress bar would not display any progress when importing waypoints, tracks, routes, and geocaches
- Fixed issue with very long geocache descriptions
- Fixed shutdown when reviewing certain geocache descriptions
- Fixed issue where some auto-archived tracks would be named in English regardless of user language
- Fixed issue with track log recording while using the stopwatch
- Fixed potential shutdown while scrolling through Garmin Connect photos
- Fixed minor graphical issue with the backlight slider on the status page
- Modified default map trails to appear as dashed red lines
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Improved support for Russian cartography.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Added support for advanced geocache logging with OpenCaching.com. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2011/08/advanced-geocache-logging-with-opencachingcom.html) for more information.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.