Updates & Downloads
Rino 130 software version 5.90
as of March 30, 2009
Download Preloaded POI Database for Rino 130
If MapSource data is loaded to this unit, this unit's preloaded POI database will be erased. Please download the file below if you wish to recover this POI database.
Download (3.93 MB)
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 5.50 to 5.90:
- Adds updates for manufacturing support.
Changes made from version 5.40 to 5.50:
- Adds 9600 baud and faster update rate options to NMEA in/out mode.
- Fixes occasional lockup on Trip Computer when the reset list is scrolled to the end.
- Updates WAAS/EGNOS satellite search and selection process.
- Improved restoring of the time of day if batteries have been removed from the unit for more than an hour.
Changes made from version 5.30 to 5.40:
- Improved weather alert sensitivity.
- Corrected so that currently selected map datum applies only to the Location (selected) field and not the Location (lat/lon) field.
Changes made from version 5.20 to 5.30:
- Fixed problem where tones 7-10 were incomplete.
Changes made from version 5.10 to 5.20:
- Allow position sending on non-repeater GMRS channels.
- Enabled GMRS on Canadian Rinos.
- Fixed bug where turning GMRS off and then back on would not update Radio page.
- Fixed potential problem with ring tones being used with position sending.
Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.10:
- Improved behavior of the 'Hold Level' indicator.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 5.00:
- Fixed a problem with the +/- key on the calculator not working properly
with large negative numbers.
- Changed the restore defaults on the Radio Setup page to also restore
the default internal microphone and headset microphone sensitivity.
- Fixed a problem on the satellite page with the satellite strength bars
disappearing when the unit gets a fix after an auto locate.
- Fixed a problem with selecting an intersection as a proximity point.
- Fixed a problem with the contrast being adjusted all the way to the
darkest level and not being able to adjust the contrast back to a
- Fixed a problem with GMRS repeater channels not transmitting at the
- Increased the maximum shutoff voltage to support some brands of
non-alkaline batteries that have higher initial voltages when fully charged.
- Fixed a problem with the restore defaults option on the Serial Interface
Setup page not working properly.
- Fixed a problem with the unit not properly informing MapSource that
it supports proximity waypoints.
- Changed polling to only respond to poll requests if both units have
the same scramble setting.
- Fixed a problem with adding intersection points to a route while
on the map.
- Fixed a problem where a track?s cumulative distance is calculated
incorrectly on the Altimeter page.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #9 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it. This will launch the Win-Zip Self Extractor. This program compresses the data to allow for a faster download of the needed files.
- A program window will appear asking you where to "Un-zip" the files. This is by default C:\Garmin. You can change this location if you like. Be sure to note where the un-zipped files are going to allow you to find them!
- Click on the button labeled "Un-zip".
- Once the un-zip process is complete, click on the "Close" button to exit the Win-Zip Self Extractor.
- Open the C:\Garmin (or other folder where you un-zipped the files), locate the file named "Updater" and double click on it.
- Connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open serial port. Turn the GPS on, place it in Simulator mode (refer to your owner's manual for instructions) and verify that the Interface Mode (found under the Main Menu page, refer to your owner's manual for instructions) is set to GARMIN, GRMN, GRMN/GRMN, or Data Transfer/Host mode.
- Click on the "OK" button on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.