Updates & Downloads
GTN PC Trainer Lite software version 2.00.3
as of July 18, 2011
View installation instructions
The GTN PC Trainer Lite simulates the behavior of the GTN avionics interface and provides you with a safe, on-the-ground environment to learn the basic operation of the system. This trainer application operates on Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, and Windows® 7 platforms (Mac® operating systems are not supported). See also System Requirements.
- The GTN PC Trainer Lite version 2.00.3 and higher includes:
- Simulated touch and drag interface - allows you to interact with the system, graphically edit flight plans, and much more using the mouse cursor
- Garmin SafeTaxi - allows you to view detailed airport information on the moving map
- Garmin FliteCharts - allows you to view the electronic versions of AeroNav terminal procedures charts
- Simulated traffic targets and GDL 69 XM® weather data - allows you to experience the enhanced situational awareness offered by these products
- High resolution terrain maps and TAWS-B audible alerts for North and Central America
- Resizable application window to fit most screen resolutions
- WAAS FDE Prediction Program and instructions
- GTN PC Trainer User's Guide, Pilot's Guides, and Cockpit Reference Guides
The 'Lite' version of the GTN Trainer provides terrain data only for North and Central America. The full version trainer, which is included with the purchase of a GTN Series product or separately on DVD, includes worldwide terrain and integrated GDU 620 PC Trainer.
- System Requirements
- 2.4GHz dual core processor or equivalent
- Windows® XP or higher
- 1.3GB free hard disk space; 3GB for installation
- 256MB 3D accelerated graphics card or higher
- Support for OpenGL 1.5 or later
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher recommended
Due to the graphics- and memory-intensive nature of the GTN PC Trainer, it should be the only application running on your PC. In some cases, even if your computer meets the minimum system requirements, the trainer may not function properly. This is sometimes due to the unique configuration of each computer and the extra processes that are utilized by that computer.
- Click on 'Download' and save the file to your computer. Choose a location where you can easily locate the file once the download is complete. The file may take 5-30 minutes or more to download, depending on internet connection speed. A high-speed internet connection is recommended.
- Locate and run the saved file titled GTNPCTrainerLite_2003.exe.
- Click Setup on the WinZip Self-Extractor dialog. Once temporary installation files are extracted, InstallShield will launch automatically.
Follow the instructions presented by the InstallShield wizard.
Note: On Windows® Vista and Windows® 7, User Account Control (UAC) may present a dialog to request permission to install software. An administrator password may be required. For more information on UAC, visit Microsoft's web site.